This E-Book contains printable independent seatwork activities for Spelling, Vocabulary and Sight Words. (It is aligned with the California Treasures Reading Program.) It includes everything you need for the WHOLE YEAR!!! Each unit includes the following:
• Spelling activity sheets (Units 1-6: 6 different ones per week)
• Vocabulary activity sheets (2 different ones per week)
• Partner Spelling cards
• Sight Word Activity sheet (week 6)
• The vocabulary and spelling activities included in this packet are meant to provide CA TREASURES meaningful, curriculum connected, silent seatwork and are NOT meant to replace Language Arts workshops/centers (flip books).
• These activities have been designed to save valuable academic time by only requiring the teacher to provide explicit instruction and modeling of each activity a couple of times at the beginning of the year. Once all of the activities have been explained and modeled, they repeat throughout the year using each week’s spelling or vocabulary words. This repetition not only saves lost academic time used explaining new activities, but it also allows your students to know what is expected of them on a daily basis.
• The activities provide students with repetitious practice and review of the spelling and vocabulary words of the week. This practice will increase the retention of your students’ spelling and vocabulary knowledge.
• The activities vary in level so that they can be used for your Advanced, Benchmark or Approaching students at different times in the year.
If you like this, check out the activity packets below!
1ST GRADE Phonics & Blending Practice
1ST GRADE Phonics & Spelling Word Building Practice
INDEPENDENT SEATWORK ACTIVITIES also available for KINDERGARTEN and 2nd GRADE. Click links below:
KINDERGARTEN Independent Seatwork Activities
SECOND Independent Seatwork Activities