The activities in this 20-page packet were designed to help students practice Common Core Standard:
Given a two-digit number, mentally find 10 more or 10 less than the number, without having to count; explain the reasoning used.
For my students, some of them get this concept quickly, and some need a variety of ways to practice throughout the year. Some of these activities are designed for the whole class, and some may be done individually or as additional homework practice.
I hope they can help your students meet this standard! My students enjoy the games in here and I hope your kids like them too!
In here, you will find:
- Separate mini anchor charts/handouts for using a 100 chart to scaffold the strategy of mentally adding or subtracting 10 from a 2-digit number
- Separate related worksheets for adding and subtracting 10 to a 2-digit number using a 100 chart
- Activity/Game of Roll, Spin, and Add where students use dice to create a 2-digit number and use a spinner to find whether to add or subtract 10 from it (spinner and 100 chart are included in the recording pages)
- A "Mystery Picture" where students solve +10 and -10 equations and color the answer (the number) in on a 100 chart; answer key included
- Scoot! A fast-paced game that gets kids moving around the classroom while practicing their +10 and -10 equations
- 6 practice worksheets with clip art that can be used throughout the school year
All fonts and clipart are by DJ Inkers
License # 0713187107