This two-week unit comes with printables, online student visual support, comprehensive lesson plans, and engaging activities that will help your first graders start the year with a math-packed review of kindergarten standards. It also includes a ready-to-go Google Slides so you can demonstrate games and lessons in remote and traditional classroom environments. It is also a fantastic set of lessons to use for intervention!
This unit was designed as a beginning-of-the-year review for incoming first-grade students. It addresses these critical focus areas in math for kindergarten:
Representing and comparing whole numbers:
· Using numbers to represent quantities and to solve problems
· Choosing, combining, and applying effective strategies for answering quantitative questions
Describing shapes and space:
· Describing their physical world using geometric ideas and vocabulary
· Identifying, naming, and describing basic 2D shapes presented in a variety of ways
· Using basic shapes and spatial reasoning to model objects in their environment and to construct more complex shapes
Teaching Remotely? Check out the DISTANCE LEARNING Version of this Unit!
Do you have a student who needs more practice? Check out our 6-Week Packet here.
More from Complete Curriculum here!