PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
All standards for reading are addressed! The research behind "Interactive Notebooks" supports implementation in the classroom, as it is proven that students will refer to the notebook as an anchor. The instructional practice by the teacher to support and cover Common Core standards, by utilizing this researched based strategy, proves fruitful for your students, parents, and administrators. The benefits from implementing Interactive Notebooks in your classroom include a place for students to organize standards, and the value student ownership of the tool. You, as the teacher, have a way to reach multiple intelligences by implementing a readers notebook in your classroom.
Click for 4 STAR INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS BUNDLE Discounted Multiple Grades!
Click here to see my 2nd Grade Interactive Notebook. The comments are AMAZING!
Click here to see my Interactive Math Toolkit. Recently updated!
The tools presented in this notebook cover the following skills.
- RL.1.1 Asking and Answering Questions
- RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and central message & lesson.
- RL.1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events using key details.
- RL.1.4 Words and Phrases: that suggest feelings in stories and poems.
- RL.1.5 Explain major differences between books.
- RL.1.6 Identify who is telling the story.
- RL.1.7 Illustrations: To focus on the characters, setting, and events.
- RL.1.9 Compare and contrast: adventures and experiences of characters.
- RL.1.10 Anchor charts and tools to record first grade texts.
- RI.1.1 Ask and Answer Questions: About key details in a text.
- RI.1.2 Main Topic: Identify the main topic and retell key details.
- RI.1.3 Describe connections between individuals, events, ideas, or information.
- RI.1.4 Ask and answer questions to help clarify meaning of words and phrases.
- RI.1.5 Know and use text features to include electronic navigators.
- RI.1.6 Distinguish between information provided in pictures and text.
- RI.1.7 Illustrations and details describe the key ideas.
- RI.1.8 An author's reasons for the points in the text.
- RI.1.9 Identify similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic.
- RI.1.10 Informational Text comprehension anchor.
- 6 Syllable Types: Anchor (Modeled after the chart in Appendix A of the CCSS)
- RF.1.1 Demonstrate understanding of basic features of print.
- RF.1.2a Distinguish long from short vowel sounds.
- RF.1.2b Single syllable words and consonant blends anchor charts.
- RF.1.2c Isolate and produce initial, medial and final vowel sounds anchor.
- RF.1.2d Segmenting words anchor/tool.
- RF.1.3a Common Digraphs charts/flip-ups.
- RF.1.3b Decode regularly spelled one syllable words.
- RF.1.3c Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for long vowels.
- RF.1.3d Syllable Claps Anchor
- RF.1.3e Decode words with 2 syllables.
- RF.1.3f Read words with inflectional endings -ed, -ing, -er, -est, -s, and 's.
- RF.1.3g Read irregularly spelled words.
- RF.1.4a Read with purpose and understanding anchor chart.
- RF.1.4b Read with fluency: Accuracy and expression
- RF.1.4c Use context to confirm or self-correct.
Foldables and flap books can serve as standalone curriculum enhancers of common core. Templates are blank making it easy for you to integrate the numerous flipables in other content areas. :-)
Also included: Tabs, Dividers and Table of Contents for each strand.
A Message for You
Your satisfaction is my greatest desire and motivation. Rest assured that I will always stand and deliver to provide you a quality resource. Thank you for taking the time to look.
Other Common Core Products
Click here for my Common Core Close Reading Toolkit for 1st Grade.
Click here for my Common Core Close Reading Toolkit for 2nd Grade.
Click here for my Common Core Close Reading Toolkit for 3rd Grade.
Common Core units you may want to see.
Click here for a Common Core Math Practice Standard Toolkit.
Click here for a Text Dependent Question Cards/Stems/Frames.
Original works of
© 24/7 Teacher
Please ask any and all questions prior to purchasing!
For more on Text Coding, Text Structures, and Close Reading of Informational Texts.
Click here to see my Interactive Notebook for Informational Text, Text Structures, and Close Reads.
Click here to see my Monthly Close Reading Units.
"Helping your children become text-dependent!"
Each monthly unit has history, biographies, science topics, holidays, and more!
Designed for Close Reading: Other uses includehomework, social studies, or science.
Text dependent questions are designed for text evidence responses!
Each passage is written at FOUR levels. From first to fifth!
Each passage has five or more activities. Use for guided reading!
Each passage can be used as week-long homework!
Click here to check out my Monthly Close Reading Club!
Click below to see each individual unit in the file.
Click below to see more of each individual unit in the file.
Click here for the January Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the February Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the March Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the April Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the May Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the June Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the August Close Reading Unit. 10 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the September Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the October Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the November Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click here for the December Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click the green links to see the titles included in each unit.
Click here to follow on FB for exclusive Facebook Only FREEBIES!
Click here to follow on Pinterest!
All informational texts are original. Literature or fiction pieces are either original pieces written by Harrod or retellings by me from public domain. Original pieces are the copyrighted works of Joe Harrod, operating under the umbrella entity of 247 Teacher LLC.
If you have colleagues interested in my work, please respect the DMCA by directing them to my store. Your purchase is for one classroom only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to print for more than one classroom. Additional licenses are listed at or more than 50% off. If you have any questions please communicate with at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ordering three or more?
Then, please read the following.
In order to provide you with a fair and accurate quote please contact me for information regarding pricing for team, grade level, school site, or district licenses.
All rights reserved by 247 Teacher. This product may not be distributed digitally such as through any usb flash drive or mass storage device. Under no circumstance can this product be uploaded to any cyber sharing platform such as a server, drive, network, wiki, or digital cloud storage unless approved by 247 Teacher LLC. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Thank you for recognizing my hard work and directing your colleagues to my store.