Also included in
- Math Mysteries are a fun and engaging activity where students start reading the story, solve the word problems, and choose or click the correct answer. If the correct answer is chosen, the story continues. If a wrong answer is chosen, a 'stopper' will tell them to go back to where they were working,$8.00$12.98Save $4.98
Digital Math Mysteries are a fun and engaging activity where 1st graders begin to the story, the word problems, and on the correct answer. If the correct answer is chosen, the story continues. If a wrong answer is chosen, a 'stopper' will tell them to go back to where they were working, and TRY AGAIN! Check out the video to see how this math mystery works!
There is also a link to a Google Forms version of this math mystery as well. However, it is not narrated and students will probably require help with the reading involved.
This mystery includes these skills:
- time to the half-hour
- add 3 1-digit numbers
- add to 20
- simple fractions
- smallest to largest
- number grid (counting to 120)
- finding the difference
- counting pennies, nickels, and dimes
PLEASE NOTE: The forms are NOT editable. There is no need to view results, like in a quiz because students MUST get the answer correct before advancing to the next section.
This fun and engaging digital mystery is SELF-CORRECTING, NO PREP, and completely PAPERLESS. Just decide if you want your kids to work individually or in groups. Then, share the genial.ly link with your students on your digital learning management system and watch the excitement begin!
This math mystery should take your students approximately 30 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. Some of the benefits of digital math mysteries are:
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces grade level math concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this resource:
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a math mystery
- a digital math mystery
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks, or mobile devices
- Access to viewing https://www.genial.ly/ or
- Access to Google Forms
Be sure to check out the preview to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me on Instagram! I'd love for you to share pics of your kids in action!