Engage your students and practice core ELA skills with these fun, short tasks!
And now save time and money too with this collection of 1st grade Essentials.
What is an Essential?
Essentials are short activities linked to basic reading, writing or language skills. In these activities, students practice these basic skills in real world situations that feature topics they know and love. We include final questions that help students develop critical thinking skills.
Each Essential also includes a complete teacher guide, answer key and rubric.
1st Grade Bundle
The 1st grade bundle includes 12 different Essentials:
- Comparing & Contrasting Characters-‘Character Comparisons’
- Final -e Words - ‘Final E Fun’
- Informative Writing - ‘Fact Finder’
- Sentence Features - ‘Sweet Sentences’
- Key Details in a Text - ‘Ask & Answer Adventures’
- Pronouns - ‘App-tastic Pronouns’
- Capitalization - ‘Basketball Bloopers’
- Opinion Writing - ‘Movie Choice Madness’
- Narrative Writing - ‘Pen Pal Tales’
- Contrasting Story & Information Books-‘Spot the Difference’
- Syllables - ‘State Syllables’
- Matching Verbs & Nouns - ‘Singer Sentences’
If you were to purchase each of these Essentials individually, it would cost $24. At only $18, this bundle saves you 25% off retail price.