Trying to integrate math into your farm or barnyard unit? This first grade math center set has tons of games to review Common Core math skills. Students can work on telling time, unknown addends, graphing, addition and subtraction, equal and unequal, place value, comparing numbers, counting and more!
- Teacher & Students Direction Sheets
- Game cards (colorful and blackline where applicable)
- Recording Sheets
- Many sets include bonus worksheets for additional practice, homework, or quizzes
All content is Common Core aligned. However, standards are not written directly on the games and only on the table of contents. This ensures that those not using Common Core can also use the games. Games are aligned to 1st grade standards, however, they can be used K-2 depending on class needs.
Be sure to check the PREVIEW for examples of every game included.
Barnyard Graphing- 1.MD.4
- Practice sorting animal cards. Graph and analyze data. Cards, sorting mat, and graphing sheet are included.
- Practice decomposing numbers and finding combinations of numbers up to 20. Cards, game mat, and recording sheets included.
Word Problems- 1.OA.1
-Use word problem mini-books to help inspire students to write their own word problems. Sentence frames are included as well as blank picture pages to meet your needs.
Sequencing Sheep- 1.NBT.1
-Practice number sense by ordering numbered sheep cards from least to greatest or greatest to least. Cards, blackline copies, and recording sheets included.
True and False Farming- 1.OA.7
- Students will determine if equations are equal or unequal by helping the baby chicks each find the correct mother hen. Equations with numbers up to 20 are used. Bonus cut and paste included.
Comparing Cows- 1.NBT.3
- Use numbered cow cards, fence game mat, and recording sheets to create true statements using < and > signs. Bonus worksheets included.
Time on the Farm- 1.MD.3
- Help the farmers find their animals. Practice reading and matching analog and digital clocks to the hour and half hour. 6 bonus telling time worksheets included where students will either draw the hands in on the clock or read the clocks and record the digital time.
Place Value Pigs & Ponies- 1.NBT.2
- Look at the numbers shown on each pony and find the matching pig. All pigs show numbers using tens and ones (up to 120). Multiple game ideas included.
Clucking Clip Cards- 1.NBT.4 & 1.NBT.6
- Use these clip cards to practice adding and subtracting multiples of 10 from a two digit number, and adding and subtracting 2 digit numbers (without regrouping). You will need clothespins for this center. Recording sheets and a variety of clip cards included (color coded by skill for easy differentiation).
For a sample of my work and this unit, check out 1.OA.7 True & False Farming Freebie
** For a more detailed look at the product click PREVIEW**
K's Classroom Kreations
For additional math centers
try my custom category or check out some of my favorites:
Diving into Math
Sandwich Math: Adding 3 Numbers
Rockstar Addition & Subtraction Clip Cards
Barnyard clipart comes from Digi Web Studios
. Original artwork is from Alice Smith.