Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Groundhog Day Math Mystery (Grade 1) - NO PREP and common core aligned activity, great for practice and review. Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students to practice a variety of math skills with this fun Groundhog Day themed Math Mystery!
INCLUDES VIDEO HOOK
Trouble has struck Mathhattan! Chuck the Groundhog has been kidnapped! A great math detective is needed to solve the case and save Chuck.
There are 5 clues to crack to solve the mystery:
- Clue 1: Adding 10 (to 1-digit and 2-digit numbers)
- Clue 2: Convert 2-digit numbers from expanded form
- Clue 3: Comparing Numbers (1-digit and 2-digit numbers)
- Clue 4: Adding 1-Digit Numbers (1-5 Only) to 2-Digit Numbers (No Regrouping)
- Clue 5: Making 15 - Fill in the missing number to make the addition sentence true
Answer sheets, elimination guide and printable awards are also provided.
This Groundhog Day math mystery is also available for other grades. Click on the links below to preview the skills covered in each:
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow to stay updated on new freebies and mysteries added to my store!
You may also like: