Teach ALL the 1st grade Language CCSS with this ONE amazingly comprehensive document!
Interact, teach, practice, and write! Very little cutting and pasting!
Common core teachers, look no further! This 158 page document is the ONE resource you need to teach ALL of the 1st Grade Language Standards! There are 94 student pages that can easily be bound into an interactive student language notebook, plus an answer key for the teacher.
Each skill includes two to six pages of work, and follows the gradual release of responsibility method. Check out the preview and be ready to fall in love with the format and content of these lessons.
Each comprehensive lesson includes:
• “I Can” statements for each standard
• Interactive cloze passages explaining each skill
• Direct teaching pages
• Mentor text examples
• Practice pages
• ‘You Try It’ sections, requiring written word
Some include interactive pockets and flaps so time is spent on teaching, learning and practicing, not primarily cutting and pasting.
This comprehensive resource includes ALL first grade language standards, including:
* L.1.1.a – Prints all upper- and lowercase letters.
* L.1.1.b – Common, proper, and possessive nouns
* L.1.1.c – Singular and plural nouns
* L.1.1.d – Personal, possessive and indefinite pronouns
* L.1.1.e – Use verbs to convey a sense of past, present, and future
* L.1.1.f – Use frequently occurring adjectives
* L.1.1.g – Use frequently occurring conjunctions * L.1.1.h – Use determiners * L.1.1.i – Use frequently occurring prepositions * L.1.1.j – Produce and expand complete simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences in response to prompts
* L.1.2.a – Capitalization
* L.1.2.b – Ending punctuation
* L.1.2.c – Use commas in dates and to separate single words in a series
* L.1.2.d – Conventional spelling * L.1.2.e – Spelling untaught words phonetically, drawing on phonemic awareness and spelling conventions
* L.1.4.a – Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
* L.1.4.b – Use frequently occurring affixes as a clue to the meaning of a word
* L.1.4.c – Identify frequently occurring root words
* L.1.5.a – Sort words into categories to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent
* L.1.5.b – Define words by category and by one or more key attributes
* L.1.5.c – Identify real-life connections between words and their use
*L.1.5.d – Distinguish shades of meaning among verbs differing in manner and adjectives differing in intensity
*L.1.6. – Use words and phrases acquired through conversations, reading and being read to, and responding to texts, including using frequently occurring conjunctions to signal simple relationships.
Check out my other amazing language notebooks:
5th Grade Language Notebook
4th Grade Language Notebook
3rd Grade Language Notebook
2nd Grade Language Notebook