1st Grade Magic of Math Lesson Plans for Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour
What educators are saying
Also included in
- First Grade Magic of Math curriculum is a series of hands-on math units for teachers who are ready to spruce up their math block! The math bundle features a full year of math lesson plans, activities, games, vocabulary, word problems, and everything else you could possibly need to teach 1st-grade maPrice $123.30Original Price $136.50Save $13.20
Introduce your students to telling time without relying on worksheets. Instead, try these hands-on telling time activities, games, printables, and much more included in these 4-week lesson plans for telling time to the hour and half hour!
The Magic Of Math Unit 7 for FIRST GRADE focuses on:
Week One: Intro to Time, Time to the Hour
Week Two: Time to the Hour and Half Hour
- What Takes a Second, Minute, Hour Class Sort
- Five in a Row: Activities that take a second, minute, hour
- Things That Take A Second, Minute, Hour Flapbook
- Time to the Hour Posters and Times on Analog and Digital Clocks
- I Can Tell Time Work-Mat
- Parts of a Clock Interactive Notebook Activity
- Spin a Clock and Graph (2 versions)
- Drawing Hands on a Clock
- I Spy Time
- I Can Tell Time Pocket Book: True/False Times
- Activities in the AM/PM Classroom Sort
- What Time of Day (AM/PM) Scoot
- A Day in My Life Flap-Ups
- I Have Who Has Time to the Hour
- Time BINGO
- Time to the Hour Assessment
- Classroom Clock
- Clock Work-Mat
- Half Past Time Flap Ups
- True/False Telling Time Classroom Sort
- Tick Tock Activity: Make a clock hat and printable
- Time to the Half Hour Quick Check
- Rock Around the Clock
- Toss and Cover: Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour
- Pocket Book: Half Past and O'Clock
- Roll, Make, Color with Student Watches
- Time Word Problem Quick Check
- Solving Time Related Word Problems
- Word Problem Cover Up
- Time to the Hour and Half Hour assessment
But that's not all, we also include:
- Vocabulary Cards
- I Can Statements
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Overview with TEKS and CC
- Daily Word Problems
- Pictures for Each Lesson
First Grade Math:
1st Grade BUNDLE: 1st Grade Magic of Math
For Other 1st Grade Units Click Below:
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit One: Place Value
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Two: Addition
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Three: Subtraction
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Four: Shapes and Fractions
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Five: Mid-Year Mix Up
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Six: Nonstandard Measurement
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Seven: Telling Time
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Eight: Graphing
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Nine: Money
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Ten: Addition and Subtraction
1st Grade Magic of Math Unit Eleven: End of the Year Review
1st Grade Overview 1st Grade Magic of Math Overview and Organization
What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide daily lesson plans, word problems, mini-lesson, activities, and interactive notebook entries for four weeks at a time. If you don't have time for it all, that's okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copy/pasted from things we have previously made.
What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. Instead we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!