If you are looking for 1st grade math assessments and 1st grade ELA assessments that are quick and easy, you are in the right place! Also aligned with CCSS, these exit tickets are paperless, NO-COPY, and will make planning for future instruction a breeze.
To get a full visual idea of how this product works, make sure to check out the preview.
If you prefer to read rather than see, here's a quick rundown of how this product will save your teaching time:
Step 1: Project the Exit Ticket/Assessment prompt on your whiteboard*
- Each slide covers 1 skill/standard and has 3 simple questions for students to answer (A, B, and C)
- Each slide ALSO includes a 4th extension question, which is completed as a "When I'm Done" activity on the back of the student's paper.
- The best part: Students can answer using dry erase markers on individual boards, their desktops, with pencil in a Quick Check notebook, or on the half-sheet answer pages included in this product. [This means zero prep on your part]
[Interactive whiteboard/SmartBoard not required; any projection will do]
Step 2: Quickly grade the student assessments in less than 5 minutes.
- I've included a concise, easy-to-reference answer key for each slide.
- Using the included grade recording sheet, simply walk around the room and record a 0-4 for each student, counting the number of items they answered correctly.
Step 3: Quickly group the students and use data to plan for future or immediate instruction
- There is a reusable, quick planning guide that you can use with sticky notes to group students together and determine your next step.
- Call the groups together in guided reading or guided math groups that same day to cover the skills.
These slides are 100% editable, with the additional option to create your own from scratch. Change them to use for pre-unit checks, post-unit checks, quick daily check-ins, etc. The data is priceless for meetings, parent-teacher conferences, report cards, and more.
Please check out the preview to view this product! You will receive:
- 175+ quick assessment slides (115 ELA, 62 Math)
- Clickable table of contents to easily navigate to the slide you need for the day
- Visuals for students that show how to set up their notebook page or dry erase board for answering
- A teacher reference set including an answer key + thumbnail of each slide
- (Optional) student response pages if you forgo the dry erase or notebook response option
- A guide that explains how to edit and use this product
THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY IN POWERPOINT AND PDF FORMATS.
Thank you for stopping by!