This 1st Grade Guided Math bundle includes everything you need to teach math in your first grade classroom. It includes daily materials, enough for you to use this as your math curriculum! Lesson plans are standards based and have a specific, achievable objective for each day. Units include pre and post assessments, daily practice pages, daily center activities, vocabulary cards, questioning cards, anchor chart posters, and additional resources to support your instruction.
These units are independent of each other and can be taught out of order. So, if you have to follow a pacing guide from your district, you can change the order.1st Grade Guided Math units are recommended for small group, targeted instruction, but also can be used in a whole group format.
️❤️ Why Teachers Love This Bundle️❤️
- COMPLETELY EDITABLE Lesson Plans that are DONE for you! (Such a HUGE timesaver!)
- Remediation and Enrichment Suggestions for EACH Lesson!
- They report struggling learners THRIVING and students who are ENGAGED and WANT to do math!
- Built-In review time all year!
- Lessons that keep a steady pace so you can cover all standards without rushing your students along!
- Specific and "achievable" objectives for each day!
- PLENTY of activities to choose from!
- Guided Math Teacher Handbook and Overview Learn how you can use the components of Guided Math, a list of suggested read alouds by unit, plus a day by day overview of the entire year.
- Launching Guided Math-A Ten Day Plan for the first two weeks of school Teach your students how to do Guided Math!
- Vocabulary and Definition Cards that help your students learn new vocabulary and incorporate it into their math conversations
- Vocabulary Trifolds are a perfect addition to your math interactive notebooks
- Questioning Cards to guide your lesson and group conversations
- Printables to support instruction including anchor chart posters, templates, manipulatives, and other tools to support your instruction
- Daily lesson plans that are teacher and student-friendly and are fully editable so you can adjust them to meet the needs of your students
- Problem of the Day in three different formats!
- Daily worksheets that are a quick check of the lesson taught each day. Each day 5 practice page is a review of the objectives covered during the week and can be used as formative assessment.
- Daily center activities that provide fun and engaging extra practice
- Additional resources including extra games, interactive notebooks and other resources to support instruction
- Pre and Post Assessments for each unit that use similar problems so you can directly gauge student growth
- Answer keys for the assessments and practice pages to save you precious time
- Unit Assessment Grade Book A fully editable excel file grade book that can be used to track students' pre and post assessment scores
- Student Graphs for Tracking Data that students can use to keep track of their assessment scores and track their growth
⭐Download the preview to learn more!⭐
This resource can also be used as a full-year curriculum. There are a total of 32 weeks of instruction provided. I broke this up into four quarters, with 8 weeks per quarter. If you are in a traditional school that will give you an extra week each quarter for review, test prep, or to use as a buffer (because we all know interruptions happen).
⚠️These units are aligned to Common Core. For a complete breakdown of which standards are covered in each unit across grades 1-5,download this free Common Core alignment Guide!
⚠️TEKS Teachers: Download the preview to see what TEKS standards correlate to this bundle! Each unit is given as 2 PDF's--one for Common Core and one for TEKS. You can also check outthis free download for a breakdown of the TEKS covered.
Here is an overview of the units that are included in 1st Grade Guided Math.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This is my favorite!!!! Each unit is perfectly thought out with warm up questions, activities, lessons, reviews, assessments. Plenty of visuals to print and put on the wall. Fun ways to teach and explore their learning. Seriously awesome!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This resource has so many wonderful and fun ways to teach the first grade math standards. I liked how it advises you to teach the units. It worked well with differentiating instruction. I liked the worksheets that could be used for interactive notebooks. The assessments were great, which saved me time planning. It is great and I highly recommend purchasing this resource.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐This was perfect for my intervention groups. The students were actively engaged. The lessons were easy to follow and organize.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I teach Life Skills math to students with significant disabilities. I love Cassie's lessons- especially the remediation and enrichment opportunities embedded into the lesson plans. This works great in my guided math rotations. Thank you for helping me plan my year!
FAQ: Are the Thrifty in Third Grade Guided Math Units based on research?
Yes! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the research that went into designing the framework of these units.
If you have any other questions please feel free to email me!
Get Digital Companions To Use Along With These Guided Math Units!
Other 1st Grade Math:
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED