1st Grade Math Word Problem Solving 1.OA.1 - Part Part Whole Whole Unknown
Also included in
- Engage your students with these fun First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Mega Math Practice worksheets aligned with the Operations and Algebraic Thinking standards. These PRINT and GO worksheets and DIGITAL slide activities help your young learners master these important foundational skilPrice $51.20Original Price $90.25Save $39.05
- How do you teach problem-solving in your classroom? This 1st-grade math problem-solving resource gives your students a lot of practice with ALL ELEVEN types of addition and subtraction word problems. This resource covers CCSS 1.OA.1 and is fully adaptable to different styles of learning. Mega MathPrice $18.40Original Price $44.00Save $25.60
- Engage your students with this fun Standards-based First Grade Math Number Sense Activities Bundle with Worksheets and Digital Activities and help them master these important foundational skills.✨ This HUGE BUNDLE contains practice for every first-grade Common Core Math Standard.☝ Check above to sPrice $85.60Original Price $208.00Save $122.40
- How do you teach problem-solving in your classroom? Problem Solving: 1.OA.1-Part-Part-Whole gives your students a lot of practice with the part-part-whole type of addition and subtraction word problems. Mega Math Practice-Problem-Solving 1.OA.1 is adaptable to different styles of learning. Mega MPrice $4.40Original Price $7.00Save $2.60
Looking to teach 1st grade math word problems in a variety of ways? This 1st Grade Math Word Problem Solving resource is aligned with CCSS 1.OA.1 and works for centers, stations, independent learning and distance learning. This resource is included in both print and digital formats to allow for the most flexibility in your math lessons. First-grade math students need daily number sense practice. These DIGITAL + PRINTABLE, easy-to-use first grade activities are the perfect way to practice the standard. They are great for morning work, homework in the classroom, or for distance learning!
1st Grade Math Word Problem Solving 1.OA.1 - Part Part Whole Whole Unknown Includes:
- 62 No-Prep Pages Designed To Teach 1st-Grade Word Problems
- Link to the Digital Google Slides Version
⭐️ This unit is aligned with the First Grade Common Core Math Standard 1.OA.1: Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
✨ A major part of the 1.OA.1 standard is understanding the different ways in which word problems may be presented. ✨
☝ These DIGITAL + PRINTABLE, easy-to-use first-grade Mega Math Practice activities are the perfect way to practice the standard.
☝ They are great for morning work, homework in the classroom, or for distance learning. Students need plenty of opportunities to work with all new math skills. The foundation that this practice provides is important for your students to master in order to understand higher-level math concepts.
✨ All Types of problems include practice that includes:
- Picture Models
- Tell About the Picture
- Write About the Picture
- Draw a Picture
- Using Counters
- Use a Ten Frame
- Use a Bar Model
- Draw a Bar Model
Are your students ready for the challenges of the 21st century? Problem-solving and critical thinking skills are at the very heart of getting our kids ready to navigate the world of the 21st century. Teachers need to understand the ways in which students acquire number sense, and then lead them through developing a problem-solving process that will take them through to higher-level mathematics. Mega Math Practice 1.OA.1 gives your students a lot of practice representing and solving problems. The standards 1.OA.1 & 1.OA.2 are all about learning the problem-solving process. Young mathematicians not only need to learn how to manipulate numbers through computation, but also need to be able to understand that numbers represent something. For that reason, mathematical computation should always be taught in the context of real-life problem-solving.
The days of teaching “word problems” or “story problems’ in isolation is over! Students need to gain a foundation of problem-solving in the context of learning new math skills. Even before students can read, problem-solving situations must be presented to learners. Students also need many opportunities to work with different kinds of problems and different strategies to represent and solve those problems, including the use of manipulatives and model drawing. In addition, hands-on practice should also be combined with the use of model drawing. The whole process of representing and solving problems in mathematics using a variety of strategies is imperative for your students to master so that they can understand higher level math concepts.
See What Other Teachers are Saying . . .
⭐ The kids love it!! We use it a lot.
⭐ Lots of good practice for this difficult concept.
⭐ Great resource! Thank you!
More Fun and Engaging Resources from Mrs. Balius:
- 1st Grade Word Problems - Addition: Combining, Sum Unknown
- 1st Grade Word Problems- Addition: Combining, Change Unknown
- 1st Grade Word Problems - Addition: Combining, Start Unknown
I hope that you and your kids enjoy these fun resources. Check out my store for lots of fun math units including my popular Number of the Day units for grades K-Second.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
✅Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
✅Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
✅This material is copyrighted by Barbara Morgan Balius. The purchase of this copyrighted product includes a limited license for your classroom use. It is meant for use by one teacher in one classroom. You may use this resource for each of your students in one classroom. The product may not be copied and distributed, uploaded to the internet, or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of your classroom before obtaining written approval from its author, Barbara Morgan Balius. This resource is not an Open Education Resource (OER) and as such cannot be uploaded to any #GoOpen websites, including, but not limited to, Amazon Inspire. If you intend to use it for more than one classroom, a whole school, or a whole district, additional licenses may be purchased on Teachers pay Teachers in my store. The pages included in this resource may not be used in whole or in part to create something new, and/or be distributed in any way without written consent from the author, Barbara Morgan Balius.
✅If you have any questions pertaining to this limited license for this product, please contact email@example.com for a quote.