This is a great standards aligned packet to assess both math and reading skills! I created this packet to use in my own classroom to help my students spiral through our standards each day.
This packet includes:
-3 different b&w covers for students to color
-22 student work pages
- at the top of each page there is a "positive affirmation" before students write their names - this is always fun to do so students gain a good self esteem and also learn new words.
This packet covers:
- counting by 1's up to 50
- 2d shape identification
- counting by 5's (using tally marks) up to 35
- identifying beginning sound of a CVC word
- identifying ending sound of a CVC word
- spelling a CVC word
- coloring a picture (as the month goes on students will have to write 1 sentence about their picture)
- adding using a ten frame (composing and decomposing)
- rhyming words for known CVC words