Why should you use this product?
This product will help your students learn about adding the suffix 's' to words. They will also learn about how the suffix 's' can sound like /s/ and /z/. Students will be able to practice spelling and reading these sounds in a variety of ways. These resources help make spelling and reading fun and engaging!
What's included in this product?
-There are cards with just words on them for students to play Zap. Mix all of the cards together and set them in a pile in the middle. Students will go around the table picking up one card and reading it to the group. If a child picks up a “Lose a turn” card, they are skipped next round; a “go again” card, they get to pick up another card, “Pick up two” they pick up two cards, “Discard two”, they put two of their word cards in the discard pile. Whoever has the most cards at the end, wins!
-There are cards with just words on them to play memory. Print them two sided with the page that says “FUN Memory L1 U6”.
-There is a word sort for students to sort words depending if their suffix ‘s’ makes the /s/ or the /z/ sound.
-Spin-A-Word : Students spin words, using a paper clip & a pencil, they sort the words into either "Suffix s" or "No Suffix s".
- I Spy! : Students spy words with suffixes and rewrite the words on the lines.
-Sort Words : Students sort words into either "Suffix s" or "No Suffix s".
- Be Detectives : Students find words with suffix s and highlight/circle them and they spin words with suffixes.
- Suffix 's" Sort : Students cut and paste words and they sort the words into either "Sounds like /s/" or "Sounds like /z/".
- Suffix 's', More Than One: Students practice writing words with a suffix s that makes it "more than one".
- Roll It, Read It, Color It: Students roll a die, read the word with a suffix s, and color the word.
- Roll A Winner : Students roll a die, read the word and rewrite the word.
- Suffix "s" Roll Away : Mini board game that helps students practice reading words with suffix s. They play this game with a partner.
- Word Search : Students find suffix s words in a words search.
- Rainbow Write : Students practice rainbow writing sight/trick words.
- Sentence Shop : Students rewrite sentences with suffix s words.
How can I use this product?
You can use these activity sheets/work sheets as whole group activities, for word work, morning work or homework. Use the two games included: Memory and Zap as free time games or during Center Time.
Check out some of my other amazing products:
Rhyming Activity Pack
1st Grade Phonics Resources for Glued Sounds
WLT Disclaimer: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.
Leave Feedback so you can get credits to use to purchase more products!!
Go to your My Purchases page.
Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Follow me so you can be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches!
Thank you again! - Katie :)