Also included in
- These first grade digital passages and graphic organizers are all standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature and informational standards. These are made for Google Classroom, and they all come as Google Slides. These passages and graphic organizers cover the RL and RI$32.00$40.00Save $8.00
These digital passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on informational, or nonfiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they're made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for first grade students. There are a total of 58 passages for 1st graders to use with informational, or nonfiction texts.
Keep in mind that these passages are a digital version of the resources that come from my non-digital ELA units. They've been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom. If you want lesson plans and the full units, follow the link (non-digital ELA units) to shop the full units that also come with the digital links.
- RI1.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 6 passages
- RI1.2- Main Topic- 8 passages
- RI1.3- Making Connections- 6 passages
- RI1.4- Unknown Words- 6 passages
- RI1.5- Text Features- 6 passages
- RI1.6- Text Versus Images- 5 passages
- RI1.7- Images in a Text- 5 passages
- RI1.8- Author's Point and Reasons- 6 passages
- RI1.9- Compare and Contrast- 10 passages (5 sets of passages)
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 9 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you'd like to use these graphic organizers...
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Here is a list of titles/topics covered in each unit (with Lexile levels)...
- Fruits- 300L
- Sunscreen- 490L
- The Desert- 400L
- Manatees- 400L
- Calendars- 430L
- Ducks- 460L
- In the Ocean- 450L
- Getting Ready- 480L
- Hospitals- 450L
- "Sit, Stay"- 460L
- Making Ice Cream- 460L
- Becoming Famous- 430L
- Making Better Choices- 490L
- Water Ahead!- 470L
- What are Whales- 460L
- Zookeepers and Vets- 340L
- Celebrating America- 490L
- Making Brownies- 390L
- Growing Plants- 470L
- The Wright Brothers- 410L
- Moon Phases- 440L
- The Animal Kingdom- 480L
- Factories- 490L
- Out in Space- 460L
- Cool Digging- 480L
- Handy Workers- 390L
- Exploring Bugs- 400L
- Animal Sounds- 370L
- Dirt Bikes- 510L
- Plant Life Cycle- 420L
- Can You See?- 480L
- Frogs- 390L
- Farmer's Markets- 480L
- Pilots- 390L
- Percussion Instruments- 520L
- Symbiotic Relationships- 400L
- The Printing Press- 440L
- Neckties- 400L
- New York City- 490L
- Healthy Teeth- 360L
- A Cheetah's Rest- 380L
- A Striped Horse?- 390L
- Seatbelts- 510L
- Brushing Your Teeth- 490L
- What's an Okapi- 440L
- Bike Safety- 490L
- Fast Food- 490L
- Camouflage- 480L
- iPods (410L) & iPads (490L)
- How Video Games Help (490L) & How Video Games Hurt (480L)
- Recycling Our Way to a Cleaner Earth (450L) & Reusing Our Way to a Cleaner Earth (490L)
- A Friendly Ocean Animal (490L) & A Fierce Ocean Animal (420L)
- Warm Weather Penguins (400L) & Cold Weather Penguins (400L)
Common Core Reading Literature Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.1- Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.2- Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.3- Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.4- Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.5- Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.6- Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.7- Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.8- Identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.1.9- Identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures).
Members, please read: This unit is already included in the Elementary Nest ELA Membership. If you are a member, no need to purchase. You already have access to this!