This lesson plan bundle includes 16 mini-lessons written in the 4 part format (connection, teach, active involvement, link).
The lessons are based on ideas from the 2011 Columbia Teachers college readers workshop units of study and ideas from Stephanie Parsons book chapter focusing on fluency.
Lessons include topics like....
- Sounding Like Readers and Focus on Fluency
- Solving Problems as We Go
- Teaching accuracy (accurate decoding of the words in a text) and
- Automaticity (decoding words with minimal use of resources)
- Matching Sound to Meaning
- Prosody (the appropriate use of phrasing and expression to convey meaning)