1 anchor chart: “Cause and Effect” This can be printed poster sized or sent to Staples to be printed.
* High Frequency Words Matching Game
* -ly & -ful Word Sort game
* Take a Dip in the Pool Game for oo words.
* Adjective task cards…can be used at a center or can be used to play Scoot
* 5 Amazing Words: one page for each word with a
picture and definition. These pages can be
printed for display or can be projected on Smart
Board when introduced. Words are also written
on stars to be put up in the room. I included only 5 of the words
because my firsties were more engaged when I introduced 1 word per day vs. more. :0).
* Stamp a Word Recording Sheet
* Sheets for high frequency, amazing, and spelling words…laminate and place in word work area.
* Write the Room for oo words
* Spelling Practice Test sheet: during buddy reading students give each other a test
* Fluency Recording Sheets: during buddy reading students time one another and record the results
* Writing a Class “How To” book includes pictures & cover for the book
* Describing Mudge Craftivity
To purchase all of the Literacy Activities for each story click on the discounted bundles below: