1st Grade Restate the Question | Writing Complete Sentences | PQA TTQA
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking to incorporate Restate the Question practice into your instruction? These reading comprehension activities practice answering questions in complete sentences while restating the question. Use the strategy posters to teach your students to use PQA or Turn the Question Around (TTQA). Use the OPrice $18.99Original Price $25.00Save $6.01
Practice restating the question to write in complete sentences with these 1st grade reading comprehension passages and short answer constructed response questions! Students practice finding text evidence and writing in complete sentences while restating the question. This restate the question practice helps build stamina for constructed response reading comprehension questions in later grades.
These short passages are meant as a quick practice for 1st and 2nd grade students, but I've even used them with low third graders to practice the skill before scaffolding to more appropriately leveled texts. The passages offer a simple text, but both literal and inferential questions. They are provided in half sheets to use half the paper and keep from overwhelming students!
I use these passages with my students to practice PQA (put the question in the answer) or TTQA (turn the question around) to practice restating the question.
Pages 1 and 2 are available for free in the preview for you to try out.
This is also a great resource for ESL/ELD students. Not only do students have to comprehend the passages, but they also have to use correct syntax in their responses. It's the perfect companion to your current program.
A great, beginning of the year introduction to this skill is my Kicking Off a Great Year: An introduction to Restating the Question
For the second step in this series (longer, and more complex) check out Open Ended Passages and Questions for 2nd Grade
Other Products Practicing Restating the Question
• Open Ended Passages and Questions for 2nd Grade
• Open Ended Passages and Questions for 2nd Grade Set 2
• Restating the Question: An Introduction through Oral Language
Other 1st Grade Products You Might Like
• 1st Grade Math Warm Up/Morning Work- Set 1
• Addition & Subtraction Facts 5 in a Row Bundle: 9 No Prep Games & Powerpoints
• Phoneme Segmentation & Blending: Tap It & Blend It Cards
• Problem of the Day Story Problems 1st Grade- Bundle
CLICK HERE to follow me and be notified of future products as soon as they are posted.
Copyright © Tessa Maguire.
Purchase is for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product with colleagues.
You may not redistribute, edit, sell, or otherwise post this product on the internet. You may, however, post a link for others to purchase themselves.