1st Grade Room Transformations | First Grade Math Bundle #3
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Also included in
- This is the MEGA BUNDLE of my first grade Classroom Transformations! These fun challenges help make math memorable and meaningful as students learn to relate math to the real-world! Room transformations are great for first graders. Each challenge reviews an important skill that 1st grade students nePrice $199.97Original Price $398.80Save $198.83
This is the THIRD bundle of first grade Classroom Transformations! These fun challenges help make math memorable and meaningful as students learn to relate math to the real-world! These 10 EDITABLE room transformations are great for first graders. Each challenge reviews an important skill that 1st grade students need to practice throughout the year.
When many people think of classroom transformations, they think:
“This would take me hours to set up.”
“This is going to cost so much money.”
“This looks so overwhelming.”
“I could never do this!”
What if I told you classroom transformations could be EASY to set up, FUN to implement, and STRESS-FREE?
A room transformation changes your room into a certain setting or theme to engage students in their own learning with rigorous content.
Classroom transformations are possible in EVERY classroom. You don’t have to spend hours of your time setting up a room transformation or spend lots of money to make it SO MUCH FUN!
1. Candy Shop: Word Problems (1.OA.1)
2. Meteorologist: Subtract within 20 (1.OA.6)
3. Chef: Add within 20 (1.OA.6)
4. Kings & Queens: Telling Time (1.MD.3)
5. Scientist: Compare Object Length (1.MD.1)
6. Athletes: Fact Families (1.OA.6)
7. Realtor: Measure Objects (1.MD.2)
8. Doctor/Surgeon: Place Value (1.NBT.2)
9. Circus Performer: Identify Coins
10. Party Planner: Add 2 Digit #s (1.NBT.4)
Step 1: Tell your first grade class that they are completing a room transformation today and will practice math skills. Students solve math challenges set up around the room. They can be completed in any order and you can choose how many challenges students complete or what time frame they have to meet YOUR needs.
Set-up is quick and easy. Simply print the 10 posters, the math worksheets, and a recording sheet for each student. Place them around your room and you’re ready to begin! Additional door décor, printable hats, name tags, admission tickets, a banner, and more are included if you want to use them!
Step 2: Let 1st graders move around the room and solve each challenge. Each time students solve a math challenge, they go to the teacher to get it checked. Students can work independently, in partners, or in groups. Your choice.
Step 3: When grade 1 students finish all ten challenges (or however many you assign), they win! You can give them the certificate of completion included and the coloring page. I also reward my students with a cool eraser at the end.
Step 4 (OPTIONAL Fast Finisher Activity): Most of the time, there are early finishers. These kiddos get to go around the room and learn fun facts about the theme of the day! No one is ever bored. Choose from 3 different fun fact versions.
- Digital Scavenger Hunt: Let students "find" the facts on Google Slides
- Printable Fact Posters: Hang fact posters around the room for students to find
- QR Codes: Students scan facts on an iPad or similar device to read fun facts
The PRINT version of the challenges is fully customizable! There are 3 versions included.
- Premade Version: The challenges are pre-made for you and are ready to print and go!
- 100% Editable Version: The challenges are pre-made for you but you can edit any text on the page! Change the title, the instructions, or the questions so they work best for your classroom.
- Blank / Create Your Own Content Version: Each challenge is blank and fully customizable. You can type anything you'd like on each page.
Please note: The digital version and clipart is not editable due to copyright laws.
- Aligns with Common Core
- Checklist to Keep You Organized
- 10 Challenges Pre-Made for You
- Black & White and Color Posters
- Recording Sheet
- Editable Math Challenges
- Editable Instructions for Kids
- Answer Keys Included
- Certificate of Completion
- Door Decorations and Banner
- Learning Targets and Folder Inserts
- Extra Decor Posters
- Editable Admission Tickets and Name Tags
- Coloring Page
- Printable Hats
- Digital Version Included for Use with Google Slides™
- Fast Finisher Activity with Fun Facts (3 Versions Included)
- Pictures of Set-Up & Shopping Guide for “Extras”
- Tips to Make the Room Transformation Even More Fun!
You may also like this FREE Classroom Transformation Guide! It tells you exactly which Common Core Standards each first grade classroom transformation aligns with.
This is a perfect review activity before giving a math assessment or as an extra practice activity. Step by step lesson plans are included so you know exactly what to do. It can be used as a spiral review and is easy to set up and implement. Classroom transformation ideas are a new trend in education and can set the stage to engage!
You no longer need to spend hours prepping your classroom for your next classroom transformation! These hands-on, low prep activities will keep your students engaged while practicing rigorous material at the same time.
With remote learning taking center stage in our communities, a digital version is now included! It's compatible with Google Slides™ and can be completed 100% digitally. That means no making copies and less prep for you!
First, invite your students into a video call on whatever learning platform your school district uses. Set the scene and tell your class online what themed day they will be completing.
Then, assign your students the Google Slides™ activities that come with this digital classroom transformation. Each digital classroom transformation is interactive and has movable pieces for students to enjoy playing with. Every activity can be modified for what works best in your virtual classroom. A digital cover page, digital recording sheet, 10 digital challenges, and a digital certificate are included in the Google Slides file.
Finally, as a digital reward, students are invited to play the self-checking game that shows them fun facts about the theme of the day. It's engaging, interactive, and a great way to motivate students throughout the digital room transformation while completing distance learning.
✔ Instructions for the Teacher
✔ Instructions How to Assign in Google Classroom Individually or in Teams
✔ 10 Google Slides Challenges
✔ Digital Answer Key for Teacher or Self-Checking
✔ Digital Self-Checking Reward Game
✔ Videos Explaining Best Practice /How To Set It Up
✔ Digital Tips and Tricks
-The digital version was created with Google Slides™.
-This means you will need a Google email to make a copy for your Google Drive.
-You can assign these games by assigning them in Google Classroom or send them via email to students.
Choose which version works best for your classroom -- print, digital, or a combination of both!
These classroom transformations can be used for elementary children as a worksheet alternative, printables, in math stations, math tasks, occupations tasks, life skills games, in special education settings, for homeschool, practice with vocational skills, virtual field trip alternatives, community based instruction CBI, college and career readiness, job skills, life experience, breakout room alternatives, center rotations, vocation practice, math centers, as enrichment or remediation, pretend play, for students with special needs, project based learning, dramatic play, PBL math, in small groups, as test prep, as worksheets, escape room alternatives, homework practice (take what you don’t finish home for homework), community helper themed days, digital theme days, end of year themed days, classroom transformation kits, printables, and so much more! The math activities are made to be flexible so you can use them however you’d like in your classroom. Challenges are aligned to Common Core and TEKS.
- TEKS 1.2B: use concrete and pictorial models to compose and decompose numbers up to 120 in more than one way as so many hundreds, so many tens, and so many ones
- TEKS 1.2C: use objects, pictures, and expanded and standard forms to represent numbers up to 120
- TEKS 1.2D: generate a number that is greater than or less than a given whole number up to 120
- TEKS 1.3B: use objects and pictorial models to solve word problems involving joining, separating, and comparing sets within 20 and unknowns as any one of the terms in the problem such as 2 + 4 = [ ]; 3 + [ ] = 7; and 5 = [ ] - 3
- TEKS 1.3D: apply basic fact strategies to add and subtract within 20, including making 10 and decomposing a number leading to a 10
- TEKS 1.3E: explain strategies used to solve addition and subtraction problems up to 20 using spoken words, objects, pictorial models, and number sentences
- TEKS 1.3F: generate and solve problem situations when given a number sentence involving addition or subtraction of numbers within 20
- TEKS 1.5D: represent word problems involving addition and subtraction of whole numbers up to 20 using concrete and pictorial models and number sentences
- TEKS 1.7A: use measuring tools to measure the length of objects to reinforce the continuous nature of linear measurement
- TEKS 1.7B: illustrate that the length of an object is the number of same-size units of length that, when laid end-to-end with no gaps or overlaps, reach from one end of the object to the other
- TEKS 1.7C: measure the same object/distance with units of two different lengths and describe how and why the measurements differ
- TEKS 1.7D: describe a length to the nearest whole unit using a number and a unit
- TEKS 1.7E: tell time to the hour and half hour using analog and digital clocks
❤️ Click on the preview to see more! ❤️
Classroom Transformations Bundle #1
Classroom Transformations Bundle #2
Classroom Transformations Bundle #3
Classroom Transformations Bundle #4
Other Grade Levels:
Kindergarten Classroom Transformation MEGA BUNDLE
1st Grade Classroom Transformation MEGA BUNDLE
2nd Grade Classroom Transformation MEGA BUNDLE
3rd Grade Classroom Transformation MEGA BUNDLE
4th Grade Classroom Transformation MEGA BUNDLE
5th Grade Classroom Transformation MEGA BUNDLE
⭐Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): ⭐
YES! This comes with 3 versions: 1 set of pre-made challenges that are no-prep for you, 1 set of my challenges that are editable in case you want to change a few pages/questions, and 1 set of blank editable challenges if you want to add your own content. This means you could use this room transformation to teach any skill you’d like using the blank editable version!
NO! Classroom transformations, or themed-days, do not have to cost you a fortune to complete. In fact, you can use ONLY what’s included in this purchase and have a great day with your students! Decor, posters, the academic challenges, and more extras are included so you have more than enough to set the scene. You do not need to spend extra money! There is more than enough for you to transform your classroom without spending any additional money. There is a shopping guide included for teachers who’d like to add additional supplies but that is completely optional.
It depends! Are you going to use all of the decorations provided or just a few? Are you going to buy additional decorations or just what’s included? You could set this room transformation up in as little as 10 minutes with just a few included posters printed out and put on the walls. There are also teachers who like to spend a few hours decorating their rooms. There’s no wrong answer and I’ve done both! Students LOVE a change from the normal environment and that's what makes a room transformation special--not how many hours you spend setting it up.
Personally, I like to set aside about 30 minutes before the school day starts to set up my room. Whatever I get done in that time period is what my students get to enjoy. This works perfectly for me–do whatever works best for your classroom! The important thing to remember is anything different from a “normal” day is going to be SO much fun for your students and they will love it no matter how much effort you put into decorating.
- If you are completing a math room transformation, I would estimate 1-2 hours.
- If you are completing a reading room transformation, I would estimate about 2-3 hours.
- If you are combining a math and reading room transformation together, I would allow several hours for students to complete the room transformation.
***Please note that these time frames will vary depending on: how many students you have, how quickly they work, what grade level you teach, ability levels, working in partners/groups/individually, etc.***
These room transformations are made to be flexible! If you only have 30 minutes to an hour to complete the room transformation, you’re able to use this resource! I include 10 challenges in each room transformation for students to complete. You could easily have students complete 5 (or any number you’d like) of the challenges to make it work for your time period. You can also have students work independently or in groups to make things go quicker or slower.
Absolutely! Have students complete however many you think are appropriate for your classroom.
The best time to complete a room transformation is at the end of a unit! When you’ve finished a skill and want to provide a fun, informal assessment of what students have learned, this is the perfect activity to pull out! I also love to do room transformations before holidays and on Friday afternoons as a reward for working hard all week.
Students need to come see you to be checked after each academic challenge they complete. To help ease the number of papers you need to check, I suggest trying one of the following ideas:
- having a few answer keys available for students to check themselves
- have early finishers help you check other students’ papers
- have students work in small groups or partners (fewer papers to check and students can assist one another)
- check students after every 2 challenges instead of after every challenge
- invite volunteers in on your room transformation day to help
- put challenges together in a packet for easy checking
I’m happy to answer at email@example.com.
Follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
Thank you so much,
The Lifetime Learner
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license at a discount!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org