1st Grade Ruby Bridges Activities - Historical Figures Social Studies Lessons
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you struggling to find age-appropriate materials to teach your students about famous American historical figures? If so, this Historical Figures Bundle with NO PREP print and digital activities is perfect for introducing your young students to many famous Americans such as Benjamin Franklin, ThoPrice $28.00Original Price $40.00Save $12.00
- Teaching our students about famous African Americans that helped to shape the world they lived in is an integral part of social studies instruction. This Black History Month Bundle with NO PREP print and digital activities is perfect for introducing your young students to famous African Americans suPrice $15.00Original Price $20.00Save $5.00
Do you need age-appropriate resources to teach your 1st grade students about the life of Ruby Bridges? This resource has all you need with BOTH printable and digital options! Included you’ll find, instructional PowerPoints, informational readers, crafty fact activities, graphic organizers, timelines, digital Google Slides, an assessment and so much more to teach all about Ruby Bridges! This 1st-grade social studies lesson pack is the perfect way to start teaching young students about important historical figures. Be sure to check out the detailed preview which shows much of what is included.
⭐This product is part of a bundle. Save money by purchasing the bundle here: Historical Figures Bundle ⭐
1st Grade Ruby Bridges Activities - Historical Figures Social Studies Lessons Includes:
- One Zip File containing two clip art versions of all of the resources
- One PDF for each version containing all of the print resources AND the LINK to the Digital Google Slides
- Reference Posters or Anchor Charts (choice of two) to use alongside the Ruby Bridges activities
- Historical figures instructional PowerPoint presentation
- Informational Little Book Reader (2 levels of difficulty)
- Crown of Facts activity
- Bag of Facts activity
- Graphic organizers for recording facts about Ruby Bridges
- Flip Facts for an Interactive Historical Figures Journal
- Giant timeline
- Biography Project Timeline Worksheets (two options)
- Long Ago & Today graphic organizer
- Then and Now Sorting worksheet
- Positive Character Traits recording sheet
- Lined paper for informational writing and illustrating (CCSSW1.2)
- Clip art for students to color and add to their writing that makes a great final touch to the historical figures research
- Answer Key
⭐ Georgia Social Studies Standards which are covered:
See What Other Teachers Are Saying:
⭐ This resource was awesome! Thank you for helping my children learn about such a wonderful person in our history!
⭐ Ruby Bridges is one of my favorite people to use a an example of a hero during Black History month. This resource was very easy to navigate and my students enjoyed using it.
⭐ This was a great resource to use with your classes. It helped my students understand something very important in history. I will keep using
More Fun Resources:
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Please leave feedback and earn TPT credits. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide feedback! Your feedback will help other buyers and will help me with future products.
❤️Perks of being a TpT store “Follower”
I love my followers! All new resources are offered at a deeply discounted price when first added to Fun Times in First. By following Fun Times in First, you will receive a notification when new resources are added. *Simply click here to follow.* Thanks a bunch for your support!
Thank you so much for visiting Fun Times in First!
Copyright © Fun Times Teaching LLC/ Nancy Brown/ Fun Times in First. All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item on the internet is strictly prohibited. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.