Are you looking for an engaging and quick way to add a daily sight word into your routine?
This set includes:
• 2 Sight Word of the Day display signs - one with black background and one with a white background
• 41 - 1st grade sight words posters
• Each poster has the sight word at the top, a context sentence at the bottom and features clipart that gives picture cues to help your students decode the sentences.
• Context sentences include common words that are simple to read for early readers!
~ let - Let the kids choose our new puppy.
~ take - Take a flashlight when you go camping.
The sight word is highlighted
in a different color
in each context sentence to allow students to easily identify it.
• Daily Challenge Display Sign and Daily Challenge Tally Sheet.
These signs can be displayed on the wall next to the word of the day.
This allows your class to build a tally chart of how many times they are able to find that word each day!
• Student Tally Book for Daily Challenge (color and gray scale copies.)
The individual book allows students to look for the sight words independently and at their own pace.
This mini book ( 5 inches by 3.75 inches) fits easily into book bags or bins!
• Sample Score Sheets and instructions for all materials.
This is a great way to build and reinforce sight words each day!
The daily challenge
is a fun way to entice your students to look closely around their school, classrooms and in books to find even more sight words all around them!
The tally chart and books can be reviewed each day in morning meeting. Count up together and see who found the most words!
***Please see the preview for more detailed instructions on how to incorporate the daily challenge and/or mini-books in your routine!***
Looking for more Sight Words of the Day? Click here to check out my Pre-Primer set!
Looking for more Sight Words of the Day? Click here to check out my Primer set!
Are you looking for more Word of the Day vocabulary activities? Click here!
Fashion Craze Learning Days