1st Grade Spelling Differentiated with Google Slides Distance Learning
What educators are saying
This differentiated yearly first-grade spelling unit is a great way to get your students learning new words. This unit includes 32 weeks of spelling tests. Each week, there are 10 words that follow a spelling pattern and 2 sight words. I give a pre-test on the BLUE list of words to all students. If a child scores 80% or higher, I give them the GOLD (challenge) list of spelling words that week.
These tests also include a dictated sentence. The sentence has the two sight words included as well as one or two patterned words from that week. There are also boxes at the bottom with +, ✓, or – to make it easy to grade capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and neatness.
Included: PDF and Google Slides versions
- Overview of 32 weeks of spelling words.
- Recording pages (quarters and trimesters).
- Editable Pages (Parent letter, spelling list, teacher list).
- Spelling Pretest (full page/half page)
- Spelling Test (2 versions)
- 32 weeks of Student Spelling Lists (Differentiated BLUE and GOLD list included).
- Teacher lists with words to give the test and dictated sentence.
- Google Slides Pages for student lists and tests.
Spelling Lists included:
1. short /a/
2. short /e/
3. short /i/
4. short /o/
5. short /u/
6. short vowel review
7. digraph /sh/
8. digraph /ch/
9. digraph /th/
10. digraph /wh/
11. short vowel review with /ck/
12. beginning blends
13. beginning blends
14. inflectional endings -ed, -ing
15. silent e
16. long /a/ a_e, ay, ai
17. long /e/ ee, ea
18. long /i/ i_e, ugh
19. long /o/ o_e, oa, ow
20. long /u/ u_e, ue, ew
21. short/long vowels silent e
22. plurals -s and -es
23. y as a vowel long /i/ and long /e/
24. r-controlled ar, or
25. r-controlled er, ir, ur
26. diphthongs (oo) book (oo) fool
27. diphthongs ow, ou
28. diphthongs oi, oy
29. triple blends
31. soft /c/ and /g/
32. /nk/ -ank, -ink, -onk, -unk
Download the preview to see example of what is included.
You may also be interested in:
Don't forget- leaving feedback earns you TPT credits toward free TPT purchases!
FOLLOW ME to be notified when new resources are uploaded AND I offer 50% off my products for the first 48 hours. It pays to follow.
ROCK YOUR LITERACY BLOCK!
JD's Rockin' Readers