Understanding (and teaching) first grade word problems can be challenging! First graders need to be able to read and understand word problems, represent them, write an equation, and solve them. This no prep SET #2 of problems based on common core addition and subtraction story structures will help you model for your students how to become successful word problem solvers! Students will show the problem using a part-part-whole model, then represent it using a number bond, and finally will connect those models with an equation - it's that connection between the problem, the models, and the equation that you want students to make!
*First grade common core story structures include add to, take from, put together, and take apart problems, with unknowns in all positions (start unknown, change unknown, result unknown)
Here is what your set includes:
★ 10 word problems (using numbers through 20) that include part-part-whole and number bond graphic organizers
★ a model for you to use
★ a blank version to use as a classroom poster
★ a part-part-whole and number bond combo work mat for students to use with manipulatives to model problems
★ these would be great to assemble into a problem solving daily journal activity
★ Check out the full preview!
Check out this money-saving BUNDLE:
• Show It Three Ways BUNDLE!
Thanks for visiting.
Math Lady in MD
★★★★ 4 Star reviews make these resources great additions to your classroom!
• 1st Grade St. Patricks Day Word Problems-Show It 3 Ways
• 1st Grade Compare Word Problems SET 2 - A Graphic Organizer that Actually Works!
• 1st Grade Compare Word Problems SET 1 - A Graphic Organizer that Actually Works!
• 1st Grade Winter Word Problems Show-It-3-Ways
• 1st Grade Comprehending Word Problems - Set of 2
• Product/Place Value Number Talks Cards K-2
• 2nd Grade Two Step Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 2nd Grade Money Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Perimeter Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Elapsed Time Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Two Step Word Problems SET 2- Close Reading!
• Math Games and Centers Bundle for Grades 1 & 2
• Tricky Tens Game - Ways to Make Ten
• Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart
• Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers. For Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit BUNDLE: All Multiplication Facts
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: Addition and Subtraction Facts – includes 56 Domino cards!