Understanding (and teaching) first grade word problems can be challenging! First graders need to be able to read and understand word problems, represent them, write an equation, and solve them. This no prep collection of problems based on common core addition and subtraction story structures will help you model for your students how to become successful word problem solvers! Students will show the problem using a part-part-whole model, then represent it using a number bond, and finally will connect those models with an equation - it's that connection between the problem, the models, and the equation that you want students to make!
*First grade common core story structures include add to, take from, put together, and take apart problems, with unknowns in all positions (start unknown, change unknown, result unknown)
Here is what your bundle includes:
★ 10 word problems (using numbers through 10) that include part-part-whole and number bond graphic organizers
★ a model for you to use
★ a blank version to use as a classroom poster
★ a part-part-whole and number bond combo work mat for students to use with manipulatives to model problems
★ These would be great to assemble into a problem solving daily journal activity
★ Check out the full preview!
Thanks for visiting me!
Math Lady in MD
Some of my other best-selling products you may like.
★★★★ 4 Star reviews make this a great addition to your classroom!
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers. For Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
• 1st Grade Spring Word Problems - Show It 3 Ways!
• 2nd grade Two Step Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 1st Grade Compare Word Problems - A Graphic Oranizer that Actually Works! (includes SET of 2)
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: Addition and Subtraction Facts – includes 56 Domino cards!