Set up your classroom in style with this cute frog-themed Word Wall Kit. Word wall can be so much fun during the day, especially if you have fun games to play with the words your students need to know.
I have included vowel markers and word family markers. Place the vowel markers near your vowel cards to help students differentiate between vowels and consonants. As your students get to know the words on the wall, they will start making connections with other words. Use the word family markers to show them which words they can use to make other words that they need to spell.
The 1st grade sight words are commonly misspelled words in first grade. They come from the Four Blocks instructional resources, and contain many words from different word lists. I have included a blank template for you to use if you need to add other words to your wall.
Tips for printing the word cards:
1. Print on heavier card stock for durability.
2. Do not laminate –lamination causes a glare on the cards and
makes it difficult for students to read.
3. Use different colors of paper for your cards to help students
differentiate between words that look similar.
1. Alphabet cards (upper and lower case) in elementary friendly font pictured on lily pads
2. Frog markers to place next to alphabet cards to differentiate between vowels and consonants
3. Dragonfly markers to indicate which words can be used to make new words
4. Set of 1st grade high frequency word cards (100+)
5. Sheet of blank word cards for words that are specific to your needs.
All borders and graphics are used with permission from www.mycutegraphics.com
Happy Teaching! - Martha