This is a review scavenger hunt. The way that I direct this activity is:
1. Students pick up the review sheet on the way into the classroom.
2. I have the desks facing out toward the walls around the perimeter of the room.
3.I make 2 copies of the powerpoint and cut each of the cards out.
4. I tape about 30-35 cards on each of 4 walls surrounding the classroom, and this serves as a "wordbank" for the students to use to complete the review. (another method if you don't have wall space it to tape the cards to the desks)
5. The students work independently to complete the assignment.
6. Once they are finished they turn it in to the basket for their corresponding class period and I usually have a "fast finishers" wordseach available for extra credit.
The review is of:
numbers 1-100 (by 10's after 20)
how are you, and responses
today is + all 7 days
where do you live? and answer
what is your name? and answer
how old are you? and answer
when is your birthday? and answer
My students work well on this because they are facing the outside perimeter of the classroom, and it decreases the amount of distractions from peers.