Also included in
- How to get your Spanish class to speak Spanish? This is a BUNDLE of 14 Ready to Go Spanish Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity designed as an interpersonal communicative activity to get students talking in Spanish class. Plus now there is also an editable Find Someone Who template$39.99$50.93Save $10.94
- Are you struggling with how to plan your Spanish 2 or Spanish 3 class using comprehensible input focusing on the Spanish preterite and imperfect tenses? This el pretérito y el imperfecto mega bundle has 2 full CI units, bell ringers for every day, Spanish culture, commands, the future, weekend talk,$79.99$99.84Save $19.85
- Are you new to teaching Spanish with comprehensible input and wondering where to start the 1st weeks of Spanish? This Spanish back to school activities mega bundle includes everything you need for successful first weeks of teaching all levels of Spanish class. Actividades para el regreso a classes.T$75.97$96.87Save $20.90
- This mi verano 1st Week Spanish class Bundle gets students talking about their summer using the preterite tense. Variations in this Mi verano Bundle could be adapted for all upper levels including Spanish 2, Spanish 3, and Spanish 4 as activities for the first week of Spanish class. Included in the$9.99$12.48Save $2.49
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the S$65.99$88.37Save $22.38
- Are you struggling to get your students speaking in Spanish in class? This growing Spanish mega bundle of differentiated interpersonal speaking activities was designed as a mix of communicative task cards, Find Someone Who in Spanish, and Digital Weekend Chat to get Spanish students talking and movi$97.99$125.77Save $27.78
What to do on the first day of upper-level Spanish class? This is the perfect back to school Spanish icebreaker for the first day of Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what you did over the summer using the preterite tense. This 1st day of school Find Someone Who people search or people hunt activity was designed as a Spanish interpersonal communication back-to-school activity to get students talking in Spanish class using the preterite tense to discuss mi verano. Actividades para el regreso a classes.
This PDF Mi verano Find Someone Who contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- ✅ Page 1 - Interpersonal questions - yo form provided - most support
- ✅ Page 2 - Presentational writing about friends - most support
- ✅ Page 3 - Interpersonal questions - more advanced
- ✅ Page 4 - Presentational writing about friends & self - differentiated support word bank
- ✅ Page 5 - Presentational writing about friends & self - most advanced
This my summer 1st day of Spanish speaking and writing activity is a great way to review or introduce the preterite tense in upper-level Spanish class. Even if students have had limited exposure to past tense, all forms of the preterite needed are provided on the easier versions of the mi verano activity. There is an extension to have students write about what their class did as well.
This mi verano Find Someone Who would be great for students who have some Spanish background knowledge such as Spanish 2, Spanish 3, or Spanish 4 to talk about what they did over the summer. This mi verano para el regreso a classes is many teachers' go-to 1st day of upper-level Spanish class plan. A stress-free, zero prep first day of Spanish class, where students build a positive classroom community and get to know each other.
⭐ Some ideas to make this 1st Day of Spanish Find Someone Who digital-friendly
- Use the TPT EASEL digital add-on to share with students & collect responses. (This digital version allows you to post the activity on Google Classroom or your LMS and virtual, hybrid, or socially distanced face-to-face students can complete the activity digitally without any paper).
- Click Print and then save as PDF with the pages you want to use digitally and share with students.
- Have students use Flipgrid to ask & answer the questions.
⭐ Some ideas to make this Find Someone Who social distance friendly
- Do the paper FSW activity outside.
- Instead of having other people sign the form, have each student just write the name of the person who said yes instead.
- Instead of interviewing the whole class, just work with a partner or small group with masks on.
⭐ Read this blog post about mixing up Find Someone Who for more ideas for using this activity face to face, hybrid, and or virtual both on paper and digital.
⭐ This first day of Spanish activity is a PDF-only resource. If you would prefer a similar activity post-break editable Google Slides Activity, I would suggest Mi verano Google Slides instead. Or upgrade to get both options plus more activities with the Mi verano bundle
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students were actively engaged with this activity. It helped to remind them of what they already knew and got them to use Spanish. The follow up activity is excellent, and helped students to contrast the 3rd person with the 1st person, then allowing them to summarize what they did over the summer. It was an excellent activity for my students in the first week of Spanish 3. Thank you! - Kelly M (used with grades 10, 11 & 12)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Students were engaged and practicing in Spanish - a WIN! I love it when they get to walk around with a purpose and then use what they've learned to get some writing done. - Maria C
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Very fun activity and makes the first week of school very smooth. - Laura P
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I'm teaching Spanish 2 and 3 for the first time this year and was thinking of a good first day activity! I'm glad I found a great, no-prep activity that works for both levels of students and that will get them speaking Spanish again day 1! - Hannah S
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is a great little activity that can go such a long way! Thank you for the differentiation! I'll be using it in Spanish 2 and 3! - Sarah W
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Excellent resource. My students were actively engaged after not being in class for over a year. It was great to see them move around in class using Spanish and interacting. - Assunta S
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Students enjoyed talking to classmates and finding out what they did over the summer. Great ice break activity or to review the concept of preterit. - Janny
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpersonal Communication - Learners interact and negotiate meaning in spoken conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
✅ Presentational Communication - Learners present information, concepts, and ideas to inform, explain, persuade, and narrate on a variety of topics.
⭐Bundle up to save $$⭐
⭐ If you teach many levels get the Back to School Mega Bundle for the best deal on plans for every level for the first months of school.
⭐ If you love this type of activity, the FIND SOMEONE WHO BUNDLE includes this resource, and many other past tenses Find Someone Who activities such as Weekend Talk, ¿Fuiste…? (past tense), Post-holiday Break & post Spring Break, plus the EDITABLE TEMPLATE Find Someone Who
⭐ Want the same Resources for French Class?
**If you are using distance learning or want a similar fully distance resource, I suggest the new Mi verano Google Slides instead or additionally.
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a PDF Download. You must have an updated PDF reader to download.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information check out my blog Mis Clases Locas 1st day plans
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
- Collaborate with me on Instagram (Take pictures using this resource & tag me!)
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.