Also included in
- Teaching kindergarten, first, and second graders all about rhythm can be challenging, but these resources are here to help! These are all of the song, lessons, games, centers activities, flashcards, and more that I have created to teach quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rests.Join my free res$55.65$79.50Save $23.85
2, 4, 6, 8 is a super fun (and simple!) chant to teach quarter and eighth notes (ta and titi) to younger elementary students! My kindergarten and first graders used this chant to practice beat, rhythm, play instruments, and get moving!
This lesson file includes powerpoint, print outs, and a "guess the mystery chant" for your interactive bulletin board!
- Teaching directions
- Words and heart beat page (printable!)
- Words and rhythm page (in regular notation and Kodaly Orff notation)
- Flashcards with each line's rhythm (in regular notation and Kodaly Orff notation)
- Guess the mystery chant for your interactive bulletin board
- Movement instructions
- Worksheet for writing the rhythm to the chant
You may also like:
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room