2 Christmas Canons
Resources Supporting the Kodály Method brought to you by MySongFile.com
Singing canons can provide invaluable musical experiences. Not only do students learn to hold their own part, they also learn to listen to other parts and sing rich and rewarding harmonies!
Included is the sheet music for 2 analysed Christmas canons.
God Bless All (Traditional)
• This 4 part canon can be used to teach the rhythm 'tum ti'.
• A fantastic song for preparing and practising the melodic element 'fa'.
• 'fa' only occurs in the context of steps in this song.
• If you work in a school that does not allow the singing of religious songs, you can still sing this canon in solfa or rhythm names!
My Wish For Christmas (Original)
• This simple 4 part canon expresses the desire of a child that their family would all be well and happy at Christmas time.
• Fantastic for teaching easy rhythms in 6/8 time.
• Useful for preparing and practising the melodic element 'fa'.
These canons and more are available at MySongFile.com