This activity is a fun and engaging way to have students practice 2-digit by 2-digit multiplication! Kids love getting up and moving while learning, and this game lets them do just that! This activity can be used for whole group, small group, tutoring, and centers!
1. Pass out one problem card to each desk in the classroom. If you have more than 24 students, have some students work in pairs. If you have less than 24, you can have some desks have two problems or only use the correct number you need.
2. Have students start at their own desks and solve the first problem. Have your students record their work and answers on the recording sheet provided.
3. After you think your students have had enough time to finish their problem, have them stand up. Say, “1…2….3…SCOOT!”
4. Have students move from their seat to the next in numerical order.
5. Repeat all steps until all problems have been solved.
6. HAVE FUN!