Do your students have a hard time with the multiple steps involved to solve 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication problems? Help them remember the order of digits to multiply using COLOR! In this activity, children will draw a card with a color coded problem on it. They will use an page of prompts to write down the digits in the order that they need to be multiplied, add them, and before they know it, they will have solved the problem instead of sitting stuck and waiting for help.
This product contains:
• 11 multiplication number cards
• 1 sample card
• Teacher directions page and sample card walk-through to model the process
• Prompt page
• Student answer sheet
• Answer key
• Cut out each number card and laminate if desired.
• Make double sided copies of the Multiplication Color Problems prompt page. If you make one per student, each student will be able to solve 4 problems.
• Copy the sample onto a transparency sheet to model for students how to fill out the prompts page.
• Copy the student answer sheet (you only need 1 per every 2 students; this will help conserve paper).