Our Cool Chameleon 2 Digit Place Value Game Pack is a fun way to help kids learn about partitioning two digit numbers and all things place value.
This activity is perfect for your math centers and it includes 2 student recording sheets to keep the kids accountable for their learning during math groups.
Teaching Place value is a big deal and we have some handy hints for you here: Teaching Place Value
This pack will help kids to:
- Learn about Place Value to 2 digits
- Make 2 digit numbers and know the values are different
- Use tens and ones to make 2 digit numbers
- Match number names to digits
- Partition & Expand two digit numbers into tens and ones in a number sentence
- Make two digit numbers using materials
- Find out how many two digit numbers there are
- Find out which is the biggest/smallest value 2 digit number
- Compare two digit numbers using >/< symbols
Here’s What’s included in the pack:
- Teacher instructions page
- Cool Chameleons 2 Digit Spinner Board (color/colour & B&W) – The game can be played either laminated with a whiteboard marker or using the additional resources.
- To play: Spin the spinners to make a 2 digit number. Write the number in digits and words onto the game board. Add the correct value heading to each column. Next partition the number into tens and ones and either write the number of tens and ones or use the teaching visuals to show tens and ones in numbers, words or materials. Next create an expanded number sentence showing how the 2 digit number is partitioned into tens and ones using a number sentence. Once a number is made it can be crossed off the 100’s grid to keep a track of the numbers made during each game.
- 10 pages of cut out resources includes a paper saving version or separate pages to print onto different colour/color paper (e.g.tens on yellow, ones on pink)
- 2 different number grids 1-100 (standard order) and a version with only the two digit numbers in a random order, there’s colour/color and B&W versions so you can use them as classroom visuals or in student work books.
- 2 different Student Recording sheets perfect for accountability and tracking understanding in math centers.
3 Digit Place Value Game Version
Find me on FACEBOOK
Follow me on PINTEREST
More FREE Resources