Scoot is FUN!
Scoot is a whole-group activity that can be used in many ways.
It is a high-engagement, fast, and physical (in that students are working and moving around the room in short spaces of time) activity.
Scoot can be used as;
- A whole-group game
- Math skill practice
- Math skill review
- Individual or small group task cards
- A Math center activity
- Independent work
- Early finishers
- Math group prompts
This resource has instructions on how to set up and how to play. There are 30 addition task cards and 30 subtraction task cards, each in color and black and white. There are blank cards for adding or creating your own. There are student recording sheets and answer sheets. Also there are arrow cards for new classes learning the ropes of scoot. This is explained in the teacher notes.
Included in this resource:
1. Teacher instructions
2. 30 Addition (no regrouping) Scoot cards, color
3. 30 Addition (no regrouping) Scoot cards, black and white (same problems as color set)
4. 30 Subtraction (no regrouping) Scoot cards, color
5. 30 Subtraction (no regrouping) Scoot cards, black and white (same problems as color set)
6. Blank Scoot cards, color
7. Blank Scoot cards, black and white
8. Pit Stop cards, color
9. Pit Stop cards, black and white
10. Student Recording Sheet for addition
11. Student Recording Sheet for subtraction
12. Addition Answer sheet
13. Subtraction Answer sheet
14. Arrow cards, blank
15. Arrow cards, left pointing (with ‘Next’)
16. Arrow cards, right pointing (with ‘Next’)