2-Digit by 2-Digit Pictorial Multiplication: A Comprehensive Set of 4th, 5th and 6th Grade Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 84+-page PDF download includes:
• 27 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related multiplication to 4th and 5th grade.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• A detailed listing of all the 4th and 5th grade Common Core standards targeted by the Games.
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between various multiplication representations.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
• 2 versions of the cards, one double sided that produces cards with a title page, and one version with for single sided copying.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn how to translate between fractions, decimals and percents, and it is aligned with the common core standards for 4th and 5th grade.
Concepts and Skills: the distributive property, multiplication of 2 digit numbers by 2 digit numbers, equations involving multiplication, connecting multiplication with division, translating between pictorial, concrete and abstract representations of multiplications, word problems involving multiplication, vocabulary related to multiplication, and connections between multiplication and area.