2. Line Dancing - EV3 Robotics Challenge
This is the second robotics challenge from my high school course "Coding and Robotics", a full year course in coding in the C language and robotics using the EV3 mindstorms kits. Prerequisite: students need to already be familiar with motor movement. In the course from which this challenge is drawn, students will have had at least 10 weeks of training in C. We are using the RobotC IDE.
"Robot follows a black line on an irregular path using the color sensor, then runs over a series of red lines that it counts. EV3 displays the line number as it passes over each."
Challenges are numbered so that they are completed in order. I developed this order of challenges based on task difficulty over the years so that students are tackling challenges that teach them progressively to be ready for the next logical level of complexity.
This product includes:
1. Student challenge sheet (PDF) describing the parameters of the challenge and the "rules". My own grading rubric is included which can be used to assess students on the following dimensions: Task Completion, Coding: Execution, Coding: Composition style, EV3 Build. Please do note the copyright notice on this resource.
2. Teacher's challenge sheet (PDF) with coding solutions. Code solutions provided in C and Python3 for EV3Dev. Please do note the copyright notice on this resource.
3. On-task observation rubric (DOCX)
4. Template lab report (DOCX)
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by David Jones ©2019 Innovation Assessments