The study was designed to take the students through the entire book of 2 Timothy. The focus of the study will challenge students to think about the character of a Christian leader.
The study consists of 13 lessons. Each lesson requires to the student to read passages of scripture, think about its meaning, and reflect on how it might apply to their own life.
The teacher has several options for this study. First, He or she can decide to allow the students to work through the study independently. Next, the teacher can use a mix of discussion, student directed work, and group work—this is recommended. Or, the passages may be done entirely as a group, allowing the students to interact with the material as the class discusses the passages.
The study contains some difficult questions and concepts. It will be important that the teacher direct the students at certain points in the study.
The Student Will…
1. Identify the some of the key characteristics of a Christian leader as described in 2 Timothy. [comprehension]
2. Differentiate between Godly leaders and worldy leaders. [analysis]
3. Describe how the love of Jesus compels us to love others. [knowledge]
4. Contrast the value system of a Christian leader with the value system of the “world.” [evaluation]
5. Defend their position on the character of a Christian leader using the Bible. [evaluation]
6. List the main themes that exist in the Epistle of 2 Timothy. [knowledge].
7. Outline the author, audience, and third parties in the Epistle of 2 Timothy. [knowledge]
8. Interpret several key parallel passages of scripture. [evaluation]
9. Prepare an essay that summarizes and defends their view of Christian leadership as outlined in 2 Timothy. [knowledge], [comprehension], [application], [analysis], [synthesis], [evaluation]