Integration, integration, integration. This project integrates social studies, reading and writing and technology, into a two stage project. Students will use a word proccessing program, like Microsoft Word, a presentation program, like PowerPoint, and a brochure creation program, like Publisher, as well as the Internet in order to complete this project. They will choose to research one of these many important Americans from 1500 - 1860 including: Abraham Lincoln, Robert E. Lee, Herbert Hoover, Louis Armstrong, Harry Truman, Rosa Parks, JFK and many more. With their research, they will create two different, but connected projects, one informational and the other persuasive. The multi-stage project works on a wide range of research, language arts and technology skills. Originally designed for fifth grade, this project can easily be adopted for older students. Includes teacher grading rubrics.
The final products make a great addition to a student's online portfolio.
Additional research projects found in my store include:
- Primary Research Project on Important Americans
- Primary Research Project on Important Georgians
- Intermediate Research Project on Amazing Americans
- Research Project on Important People in American History 1500 - 1860
- Research Project on Important People in American History 1860 - present
- Historical Figures Research Project
- Rock Research Project
- Earth's Materials Research Project
Created by Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources. Find more ideas and products by following the Raki's Rad Resources blog
, liking our the Raki's Rad Resources facebook page
or following us on Teachers Pay Teachers