For the 20 Georgia Picture Book Award Nominees of 2016-2017, these 20 book centers include:
- at least 1 activity per book
- directions and/or descriptions of how to use each included activity
- answer keys, when needed
- hyperlinks to author and illustrator webpages
Save $10 by purchasing the bundle!
These centers can be set up as book center rotations or used for teacher-directed lessons. There are a variety of activities - music, arts & crafts, technology, map skills, timelines, literacy skills, origami, and a lap book! Great for fun classroom reading or library lessons!
Includes an activity/center for each of these book titles:
- "Trombone Shorty" by Troy Andrews
- "Seeds of Freedom: The Peaceful Integration of Huntsville, Alabama" by Hester Bass
- "Yard Sale" by Eve Bunting
- "Enormous Smallness: A Story of E. E Cummings" by Matthew Burgess
- "Gaston" by Kelly DiPucchio
- "Wolfie the Bunny" by Ame Dyckman
- "Drum Dream Girl: How One Girl’s Courage Changed Music" by Margarita Engle
- "The Farmer and the Clown" by Marla Frazee
- "Sidewalk Flowers" by JonArno Lawson
- "Pool" by Jihyeon Lee
- "Float" by Daniel Miyares
- "My Pen" by Christopher Myers
- "If You Plant a Seed" by Kadir Nelson
- "P. Zonka Lays an Egg" by Julie Paschkis
- "Tricky Vic: The Impossibly True Story of the Man Who Sold the Eiffel Tower" by Greg Pizzoli
- "The Bear Ate Your Sandwich" by Julia Sarcone-Roach
- "28 Days: Moments in Black History That Changed the World" by Charles R. Smith, Jr.
- "Swan: The Life and Dance of Anna Pavlova" by Laurel Snyder
- "Emmanuel’s Dream" by Laurie Ann Thompson
- "In a Village by the Sea" by Muon Van
We hope you enjoy these book activities with your students!