These online puzzles for kindergarten and 1st Grade include positive affirmations that teach about kindness and friendship.
The no-prep kindness activities are fun and engaging for early finishers or when you need distance learning activities.
Help your students to settle down and relax with a calming distraction that also has cognitive and developmental benefits. Students will be developing concentration and perseverance while practicing reading as the puzzle reveals a kindness quote when it is completed.
There are 4 x 20-piece puzzles in Google Slides™. Each slide has a designated workspace with pieces around the outside for students to move in place.
No more incomplete puzzles! If students accidentally delete a piece, they can undo or download another copy of the jigsaw.
It's easy and efficient to save a copy of the file to your own Google Drive™ and assign the link to students via Google Classroom™, email, or another online learning platform.
► PLEASE NOTE: The age range listed is a guide for teachers who will need to assess suitability based on the abilities of their students. Please (of our 20-piece puzzle) as you may find that some children will need a jigsaw with more pieces. If your students are not proficient on their devices, then this activity will help them to learn digital skills.
The puzzles are designed to be fun, but students will also learn concentration and perseverance while developing fine motor skills as they maneuver the pieces in place with their finger or mouse (pieces DO NOT snap together). ◄◄
Click here to follow my store and find out when I post new resources and freebies.
- Student instructions
- 4 x 20-piece jigsaw puzzle designs
- 1 x digital file with all puzzles
- 4 x individual digital files with one puzzle per file
- Movable digital puzzle pieces in Google Slides
- Information about kindness and the benefits of jigsaw puzzles
If you would like a slightly harder puzzle, our Grade 2-3 jigsaw has 35 pieces.
Jigsaw puzzles may be seen as a filler activity but there are in fact many impressive reasons why they should be used in the classroom regularly. Benefits include:
- exercises the left and right sides of the brain simultaneously
- improves short-term memory
- promotes visual-spatial reasoning
- improves concentration
- enhances problem-solving skills and perseverance
- a meditative activity that relieves stress
- reduces the chance of developing memory loss and dementia
- increases self-esteem as children feel a sense of achievement
Digital puzzles are becoming more popular as students need to extend their learning to home. Some of the great reasons to go digital include:
- can be used in more places
- not as much space is needed to play or store
- less mess and clean up time
- can be assigned as a fun homework assignment
- enhances computer skills
- multiple students can simultaneously use the same puzzle
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you require an earlier version.
Save $$ on bundles:
- Kindness Best Sellers Bundle - 5 resources
- Friendship Activities Bundle - 7 resources
- Bookmarks & Coloring Pages Bundle - 8 resources
- Wellbeing & Mental Health Bundle - 5 resources
- End of Year Calming Activities GROWING BUNDLE – Saves you the most as new resources added after you purchase are yours to download for free!
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
★ Proceeds from sales on TPT help support disadvantaged school families via our outreach program Nourish Network.
★ Did you know you can save money on TpT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.