Celebrate poetry all year long with this bundle of 20 poem studies and 20 poetry analysis flip books filled with 80 engaging analysis tasks. There are four units in all. The units are grouped for each season. Each unit focuses on 5 seasonal poems with 5 sets of 5—page interactive flip books. That means that students will study 20 poems, create 20 flip books, and complete 80 analysis tasks in all! That’s not even the best part! The best part is that the interactive flip books not only make poetry analysis engaging, they also make it super manageable. As students progress through the analysis tasks in each flip book their understanding deepens. The poetry analysis flip books are fun and educational!
This set of 20 seasonal poem studies and 20 interactive flip books makes it possible to study poems throughout the entire school year. Your students will love the interactive flip books and you’ll love how engaged students are while analyzing poetry.
Great news! DIGITAL VERSIONS INCLUDED!
All 20 of the poetry analysis flip books are available as a Google Slides resource for students. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the flip book pages via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Google Classroom, or in the internet “cloud.” The digital versions of the poetry flip books are accessible from any computer and allow students to complete their work online.
POETRY ANALYSIS bundle overview:
- 20 poem studies focused on poems written by diverse authors. Poems are grouped in sets of five and themed around the spring, summer, autumn, and winter season.
- Each poem study includes a five-page interactive flip book – 20 flip books in all!
- Lessons are easily adaptable to small group or partner work.
- Lessons encourage repeated poetry readings to develop deep interpretation and comprehension.
- The lessons in each unit can be taught in succession or broken into individual lessons throughout the year (or specific season).
The bundle of poetry analysis lessons and flip books includes:
- 80 close reading and analysis activities that can be assembled into interactive flip books
- 20 Detailed instructional lesson plans
- 80 Teacher keys for all student worksheets
- Multiple links to all 20 poems are included
Poems studied in this bundle:
- “Today” by Billy Collins
- “Spring Storm” by Jim Wayne Miller
- “In just” by E. E. Cummings
- “A light exists in spring” by Emily Dickinson
- “The Trees” by Philip Larkin
- “Summer Sun” by Robert Louis Stevenson
- “What Shall I Pack in the Box Marked Summer?” by Bobbi Katz
- “A Boy and His Dad” by Edgar Guest
- “To a Butterfly” by William Wordsworth
- “Summer Shower” by Emily Dickinson
- "Autumn” by T. E. Hulme
- “Neighbors in October” by David Baker
- “Something Told the Geese to Fly” by Rachel Field
- “Autumn” by Emily Dickinson
- “Falling Leaves and Early Snow” by Kenneth Rexroth
- “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost
- “Snow in the Suburbs” by Thomas Hardy
- “Those Winter Sundays” by Robert Hayden
- “Snow Day” by Billy Collins
- “Cynthia in the Snow” by Gwendolyn Brooks
IMPORTANT - The poems are NOT included in this bundle of resources. However, multiple links for each poem are included. You will be able to easily click, print and/or type each poem. You'll find 5 template pages for each poem included in case you would like to coordinate the poems with the analysis tasks. Super easy!
Skills developed with these units:
- Close reading of complex texts
- Making inferences
- Identifying rhyme scheme
- Determining central ideas or themes in poetry
- Interpreting figurative language
- Responding to poetry
- Citing textual evidence to support poem analysis
- Writing analyses with sufficient evidence
- Participating in discussions and expressing ideas about poetry clearly
Common Core Learning Standards addressed in these units:
- RL.1, RL.2, RL.4, RL.5, RL.10
- W.9, W.10
- L.1, L.3, L.4, L.5, L.6
- SL.1, SL.6
Check out these super fun Doodle and Do resources for poetry!
- Langston Hughes – Poet and Poem Study --- Doodle Article and Interactive Poetry Analysis Flip Book
- Maya Angelou – Poet and Poem Study --- Doodle Article and Interactive Poetry Analysis Flip Book
You may also like…
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction