This HUGE pack has 20 Winter themed literacy centers and activities! Perfect for the northern January or southern July.
Comes with 2 craftivities and 2 student foldable booklets!
1. Making Words - snowflake (student and pocket chart versions).
2. Making Words - snowstorm (student and pocket chart versions).
3. SNOWBALL! Dolch Grade 2 sight words BANG! game.
4. Snowman "ow" sort with recording sheet.
5. Snowman Synonyms with recording sheet. Can also be played as a memory game.
6. Penguin Parts of Speech with recording sheet.
7. Polar Bear contractions and recording sheet. Can also be played as a memory game.
8. Word cline (vocabulary activity) for 'cold' words.
9. 2x ABC order worksheets (same words). For the first, your kiddos write the words, the other students cut out and arrange the words in order.
10. Winter Fact and Opinion sort with recording sheet.
11. Fact and Opinion worksheet.
12. 2 x KWL fold books (Penguin and Polar Bear).
13. 2x bubble maps (Penguin and Polar Bear) to record information on appearance, diet, habitat, breeding, interesting facts etc.
14. 2x "puff" books to record information writing (Penguin and Polar Bear).
15. Penguin Fact and Opinion craftivity.
16. Penguin and Polar Bear verbs and adjectives worksheet (to assist with descriptive writing).
17. Penguin descriptive writing craftivity (could be used for any piece of writing).
18. 2 writing papers (one penguin, one polar bear)
19. semantic grid (+ a blank copy)
20. 2 double bubble maps (Penguin/Polar Bear and Winter/Summer).
Check out the preview file for more information.
If you like, check out my blog Down Under Teacher
© 2011: Down Under Teacher. All rights reserved.
Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for their own classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the publisher. Published 2011 by: Down Under Teacher, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 4114. firstname.lastname@example.org