Here are 20 ideas to help your children enjoy math, games, and books for summer fun.
1. Be positive about math!
2. Let your child know that everyone can learn math.
3. Let your child know that you think math is important and fun.
4. Point out the ways in which different family members use math in their jobs.
5. Encourage your child to be persistent if a problem seems difficult.
• Pile of Coins. Each player starts with a pile of coins. Then separate each pile into each type of coin -- pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters. Then add each pile of coins. Finally, add all the coins together. The winner is the one with the most money.
Make “coin rubbings.”
Plus three more articles you may use for parent letters: