Also included in
- Display these 404 bright and colorful slides for your students to use as writing or discussion prompts. Both sets include 10 editable slides so you can make your own. Use with your whole class for ice breakers, bell work, morning meeting, journal prompts, or as prompts for longer writing projects. R$9.96$13.96Save $4.00
This product contains 200 writing prompts that can be used with Google Slides, TpT Easel, or with your printer. Each prompt features a different kid-friendly, open-ended question or prompt, plus there is a blank template so that you can create your own additional prompts. Display them for the entire class to use as writing or discussion prompts. You can also use them with Easel to create a format your students can complete digitally.
You can use this resource in 3 different ways:
- As Google Slides
- As printable copies for your students
- As a TpT Easel activity
This download includes 3 parts:
- PDF Download that includes links to all digital portions of the activity
- 200 prompts as Google Slides (Plus 10 blank versions to create your own prompts)
- Writing prompts in a printable format (with lines)
- Writing prompts in a TpT Easel format (to use digitally)
- A teacher's list of prompts and corresponding slide number
Table of Contents
The table of contents includes both the slide number and the question. You can use the questions in the order presented or skip around. If you choose the latter, you may want to highlight questions as you use them so that you don’t repeat.
While the vast majority of these prompts will be appropriate for any classroom, there are a few that may not be appropriate for yours. For example, some refer to family or parents and may be hurtful for students not living with their families of origin. There are also some questions that touch on ethical choices (following rules, telling the truth), which you may not wish to use. Please be sure to review the prompts before using them with your students.
These prompts make great journal or writing prompts for bell work or writing warm up. Alternatively, they can be used as discussion prompts with your whole class, in small groups, or in partners.
The Editable Slides
Ten different designs (borders and Dot Guy clip art) were used to make these slides. They are presented as PowerPoint slides without the text so you can add your own. If you want them to look like the originals, you will need to use the font KG Miss Speechy IPA.
Please note that most of these prompts are identical as the ones on these writing prompt question cards.
Everything included in this resource is licensed for single classroom use only. It may be photocopied by the original purchaser for his or her classroom only. It may not be put on the internet, sold, or distributed in any form. If you would like to share this product with your colleagues, please honor the time and energy put into it by purchasing multiple licenses on the product page on Teachers Pay Teachers. Thank you for respecting the copyright.
Minds in Bloom