If you have the 2008, 2011 Reading Street Curriculum, then you need this for your classroom! We have created materials for a Reading Street Focus Wall. If you are anything like us, you like having all of your learning targets for the week on one wall! …AND SUPER CUTE! Our idea is to create a learning wall that you can address daily. Simply switch out the posters each week!
I used this wall as a part of my morning meeting to review our targets for the week.
The focus wall is dedicated to the specific big ideas and learning targets for the week, which have been pulled from the curriculum.
In this pack you will get:
Scott Foresman Reading Street Scope and Sequence for Unit 1!
Focus Wall Cards – to label the parts of your wall
Big Idea and Question of the week posters
• What does a family do together?
• How do we learn together at school?
• Who makes our neighborhood a nice place to live?
• How do animals work together to survive?
- How do plants and animals live together?
- How is a community of insects like a community of people?
Target Comprehension Skill Posters:
• Author's Purpose
• Compare and Contrast
• Main Idea
- Cause and Effect
Amazing Words Posters
Target Phonics Skill Posters
• Digraphs SH and TH
• Long a
• Long i
• Long o
• Long u
- Long e
Sight Word Posters and word wall words
• catch, good, put, no want
• be, could, horse, old, paper
• live, out, people, who, work
- down, inside, together, there, now
- around, find, food, grow, under
- also, family, new, other, some
• Realistic Fiction
- Animal Fantasy
- Expository Non Fiction
- Realistic Fiction
- Non Fiction
Reading Response Sheets for the Comprehension Strategies
- sequence, compare and contrast, main idea, author's purpose, cause and effect
All of the posters for the focus wall are mostly primary colors: red, green, orange, purple, yellow, blue. We did a fun combination, but if you are looking for something similar with different colors please let us know! We would be willing to change anything to suit your needs! Maybe you have a specific color scheme going in your room…no biggie! Just email us at email@example.com
Check back soon for Units 3, 4, 5, and 6!!!
Thanks for shopping!
Ashley and Lindsey