If you have the 2008 Reading Street Curriculum, then you need this for your classroom! We have created materials for a Reading Street Focus Wall. If you are anything like us, you like having all of your learning targets for the week on one wall! …AND SUPER CUTE! Our idea is to create a learning wall that you can address daily. Simply switch out the posters each week!
I used this wall as a part of my morning meeting to review our targets for the week.
The focus wall is dedicated to the specific big ideas and learning targets for the week, which have been pulled from the curriculum.
In this pack you will get:
Focus Wall Cards – to label the parts of your wall
Big Idea and Question of the week posters
• How do we change as we grow?
• What do we learn as we grow and change?
• Why are changes exciting?
• What changes happen in a garden?
- What changes can we observe in nature?
- How does nature change during the year?
Target Comprehension Skill Posters:
• Compare and Contrast
- Drawing Conclusions
Amazing Words Posters
Target Phonics Skill Posters
• Vowel sounds for y
• Final ng and nk
• Plural -es ending
• Inflected endings -ed and -ing
• R-controlled er, ir, ur
- Comparative endings -er and -est
Sight Word Posters and word wall words
• everything, become, day, always, nothing, stays
• any, enough, ever, every, own, sure
• away, car, friends, house, our, school
- afraid, again, few, how, read, soon
- done, know, push, visit, wait
- before, does, good-bye, oh, right, won't
• Animal Fantasy
• Non fiction
- Realistic Fiction
All of the posters for the focus wall are mostly primary colors: red, green, orange, purple, yellow, blue. We did a fun combination, but if you are looking for something similar with different colors please let us know! We would be willing to change anything to suit your needs! Maybe you have a specific color scheme going in your room…no biggie! Just email us at email@example.com
Check back soon for Units 4 and 5 !!!
The preview is from Unit 1, but it gives you a great idea of what Unit 3 will look like!
Thanks for shopping!
Ashley and Lindsey