If you have the 2008 Reading Street Curriculum, then you need this for your classroom! We have created materials for a Reading Street Focus Wall. If you are anything like us, you like having all of your learning targets for the week on one wall! …AND SUPER CUTE! Our idea is to create a learning wall that you can address daily. Simply switch out the posters each week!
I used this wall as a part of my morning meeting to review our targets for the week.
The focus wall is dedicated to the specific big ideas and learning targets for the week, which have been pulled from the curriculum.
In this pack you will get:
Focus Wall Cards – to label the parts of your wall
Big Idea and Question of the week posters
• How can a surprise be a treasure?
• What treasures can we create?
• What treasures can we find in the earth?
• How can we share special days?
- What treasures can we share at home?
- What treasures can we share with neighbors?
Target Comprehension Skill Posters:
• Realism vs. Fantasy
• Character, Setting, Plot
• Authors Purpose
- Drawing Conclusions
Amazing Words Posters
Target Phonics Skill Posters
• Long A - ai, ay
• Long E - ea
• Long O - oa, ow
• Long I - igh, ie
• Vowels ew, ue, ui
- Vowels in moon
Sight Word Posters and word wall words
• about, enjoy, worry, surprise, surprised, gives, would
• colors, over, draw, drew, great, show, sign
• found, wild, once, mouth, took
- above, laugh, touch, eight, moon
- picture, thought, room, remember, stood
- told, open, dance, only, because, across
• Realistic Fiction
- Expository Non Fiction
Check back soon for Unit 5!
The preview is from Unit 1, but it gives you a great idea of what Unit 4 will look like!
Thanks for shopping and check out our blog to see what the focus can look like!!
Ashley and Lindsey