This voting activity is the perfect lesson for use around Election Day with students in grades kindergarten, first, second or third. A ballot with the Democratic and Republican candidates is included for students to vote for President in the 2016 November election. After ballots are collected, students work together to complete the Election Vote Tally Worksheet to count the votes as each are read aloud. When the activity is finished, students write in response to the question “Why is voting a good way to make decisions?”
The sample images show include one of the two lesson plan pages, the ballot, and election vote tally worksheet.
Here are the specific items included with this lesson:
• Lesson Plan with instructions for activity (2 pages)
• Ballot for voting (4 per page)
• Election Vote Tally Worksheet
The following is not included:
• Ballot box (an empty tissue box is suggested)
• Students will understand the process of voting through participation in a mock election activity.
• The student will be able to explain why voting is a good way to make group decisions.
Tip!: After download, print only pages 2-5 to avoid using extra ink to print the cover page and back page.
If you like this lesson, you may also be interested in one of my other Election Day Lessons:
Let's Learn About Election Day PowerPoint Lesson w/Worksheets
Voting Activity for Election Day using the story Duck for President
After purchase, please remember to leave feedback to get your TpT points that will give you a credit on future purchases!
Thank you so much for stopping by!