*Updated July 29, 2018, ready to go for the 2018-2019 school year!
Please NOTE: Once you buy these calendars, I will provide updated versions each year that you can download for FREE. :)
Reading at home is extremely important! It is no surprise that research shows that students who read just 20 minutes each night will perform better than students who do not read at home. I created these reading calendars so students, parents, and I could keep track of minutes read at home. Students simply place the calendar in their daily take home folders and take it to and from school. In this way, teachers and parents can keep daily tabs on minutes read at home.
This download includes:
• A family letter explaining the importance of at-home reading and details on how the calendars work.
• 10 reading calendars, September – June, all set and ready to go for the 2018-2019 year!
The family letter and all calendars were created using Microsoft Word, so you will easily be able to edit them to fit your classroom.
NOTE: This document will be updated each year, so once it is purchased, you will be able to download the revised calendars free of charge each year.
Here’s how it works:
- Children read each night and record how many minutes read on the monthly reading calendar. There is space for parents to leave daily comments if necessary.
- At the end of each week, parents record the total minutes read on the calendar and sign the sheet.
- At the end of each month, parents record the total minutes read for the entire month.
- If students meet the monthly goal of 400 minutes, they will get to choose a prize out of my prize box! *Note – these calendars were created in Microsoft word for easy editing. You can change the monthly goal and incentive system to fit the needs of your students.
- Students receive a new calendar each month to track their reading minutes.
I hope you, your students, and parents find these helpful!