This activity has it all! Math, English, Reading, Writing, Research Skills, I.C.T. Geography, Social Studies, Teamwork Skills and more!
This workbook guides your students through planning a fictional holiday to the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in PyeongChang South Korea! Along the way they will learn about the history of the Winter Olympics and the country of South Korea. They will be engaged with real world skills (managing a budget, researching flights, accommodation etc), which will help to develop their problem solving abilities.
- Student Cover Page/Group Cover Page.
- 'Your Task' - A description of this activity.
- 'Set the Rules' – An opportunity for students to set the rules for this challenge or to follow established rules. For example: How many people are travelling, what is the budget for this trip, how long is the trip for etc?
- 'Planning Time' – An activity that will prepare students, so they will be able to search for flights and accommodation successfully.
- 'Winter Olympics Research Task' – An opportunity for your students to practise their research skills and learn about the history of the Winter Olympics.
- 'South Korean Research Task' – Your students might not know a lot about South Korea! This task will help your students become familiar with this country, so they know more about the country they are planning a trip to.
- 'Planner' – A calendar template for your students to fill in, which will help them with their initial planning and figuring out dates.
- 'Budget' – A place for students to record what everything costs and to keep track of their expenses.
- 'Budget Checklist' – Helpful hints to make sure your students have considered all expenses.
- 'Itinerary' – A place where students can prepare a detailed itinerary for their client, so they are ready for what they are doing each day.
- 'Extension Tasks' – Got some fast finishers in your class? Here are some extension activities to keep them going.
- 'Peer/Teacher Marking Sheet' – Use this mark sheet if you would like to make this activity a competition between the students in your class!
*Please note that this activity is designed around your children having access to research materials – class library & internet access. Perfect for a BYOD classroom, your scheduled I.C.T. spot or to be used as weekly rotation activity with your class computers or iPads.
Hope you enjoy it!